Shhh...don't tell my wife! (1 Viewer)

CaptC07

Pair
Reaction score
Kidding of course...well maybe. Hi everyone. I obviously new to the site, but not to poker. I have been playing poker for a little over 20 years...I will let you know when I learn to play it well. The wife and I recently moved into a house that after a slight renovation (almost done), will have a suitable entertaining/poker area. That of course lead me on a lengthy search for poker tables and inevitably poker chips and here I am!

As for the chips...I am interested in both a cash and tourney set. I will most likely shop for the cash set first. I have ordered a few samples notably Royals and Tikis...but would love to take advantage of the upcoming ChipRoom sale, but seems like a complete cash set will be difficult (.25/.50) to make with the % caps

Welcome! Seriously consider relabeling another chip into a quarter, it’ll make your life easier.

Could not agree more. If you're in the market, get those great prices on ones and fives -- maybe even 25 to relabel as quarters -- and get in touch with Gear.

IMG_3174.JPG

Welcome!

The ABC / BR Pro ceramics (i.e. Tikis, Dia de los Muertos) are nice options... I love my DDLM set and I have Paulson sets as well...

Welcome aboard! Keep in mins you can pick up some race from this sale and source other RHC chips for a mixed set/relabel

As for the chips...I am interested in both a cash and tourney set. I will most likely shop for the cash set first. I have ordered a few samples notably Royals and Tikis...but would love to take advantage of the upcoming ChipRoom sale, but seems like a complete cash set will be difficult (.25/.50) to make with the % caps
Welcome! As stated, this sale will be a great opportunity to buy cash chips at the BEST price you will find for the condition of chips. Focus on $1s, $5s, and $25s which are plentiful and pick up another chip to relabel.

You can always mix/match different chips from different sets to get the best $0.25.

Personally I just dont explicitly tell my wife how many chips I have or what I spend, but I imagine she has an idea (dont ask, dont tell).

Grant

...but would love to take advantage of the upcoming ChipRoom sale, but seems like a complete cash set will be difficult (.25/.50) to make with the % caps
The percentages only apply during the first hour or two. After that you can order whatever quantities you want from what's left. There should still be plenty of the denoms needed for a.25/.50 set except for quarters, but plenty of options are available as perfectly suitable substituts.

Once you are getting packages delivered on a regular basis she will know......unless you have them delivered to work.

Once you are getting packages delivered on a regular basis she will know......unless you have them delivered to work.
It was more tongue in cheek...she knows I am getting a table and chips...i might downplay the cost of said chips depending on the route taken...

I like the idea of picking up another chip to relabel and use as a quarter...aside from finding another RHC chip are there rules/guidelines to follow inreagrds to picking a chip to relabel? I know I should pick a color that doesn't cause dirty stacks with the other denoms...but other than that I am flying blind.

Would not worry to much about that....many many sets have solid RHC fracs (milled) or relabeled chips from other RHC sets.
This would be bad if the 25c were very nice or chips were on house mold...but they're not and the inlay sucks anyway, so relabeling them is a must imho....

I haven't said this in a while, so:

The old multiply and divide by 4 trick, with play at $1/$2, is simple and saves you all that aggravation... :cool
Tried it - they don't like it. They want actual numbers representing the value they have. It's OK - fracs are cool and so is learning how to find them and murder your own.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom