Shenanigans at the Barrel House (2 Viewers)

Big hand at the final table

20210724_014540.jpg

20210724_014613.jpg

Luckbox @Irish takes it down, first hand heads up. GG @Nuhockey
20210724_015910.jpg

Some more shots of the action last night:

I had never seen three aces dealt on the flop ever, yesterday was my first time seeing it. @Phish1321 claimed to have folded the fourth ace pre.

Big hand that @juankay20 tripled up on

Luckbox @Irish gut shotted the straight on the turn to stay alive and eventually take the whole thing down. This would have left @Nuhockey and I heads up if the kings held.

My stack looked like this at one point before I gave up a huge chunk of it to @Nuhockey after he rivered the miracle nut flush to beat my set :sick::vomit:

@Irish how do you like the size of these claymores?

The one in the middle towered over me and I’m 6 feet tall. I’d say it’s around 9 feet. Dates from 1250 (or ten to 1 in American).

3042C353-75D9-4747-BAA6-FA9CD3B07B42.jpeg

One on the left was about 4 and a half feet and the one on the right around 6 feet.

@Irish how do you like the size of these claymores?

The one in the middle towered over me and I’m 6 feet tall. I’d say it’s around 9 feet. Dates from 1250 (or ten to 1 in American).

View attachment 742323
One on the left was about 4 and a half feet and the one on the right around 6 feet.
Damn, 9'???? That's crazy. The replica blades I have are between 4' and 5', I couldn't imagine trying to wield something twice that size.

Damn, 9'???? That's crazy. The replica blades I have are between 4' and 5', I couldn't imagine trying to wield something twice that size.
To be fair it did say “ceremonial”. I can’t see it being the most practical sword to wield in battle…

Joe's babies came back to him tonight, nice chop FTW @JMC9389 & @sgago84 , congrats. Great chips! A few more action shots:

View attachment 765024View attachment 765025View attachment 765026
As usual Mike lookin Grumpy .. but having a great time!! Lol

Hope everyone had a great time!!

@JMC9389 I don't care what anyone says... there is absolutely no better feeling than felting your chips for the first time and taking down their inaugural Game! Also seriously who better to chop it with then Sam @sgago84 (since I wasn't there for the honor! Lol)

You know Matt @Irish I hope your crew trully appreciates everythin about this game, from your amazing basement and trully the best Man Cave around, to the fact that everyone has amazing chips and the quality rotation you guys get to enjoy game in and game out!! I seriously think there are members on this forum that would trade away their best chips for an opportunity to play in this game regularly.

Can't wait to get back up there sometime Gents!!

Your Md brother Ben

Its always my pleasure to host and I'm blessed with a great group of locals, we always have a good time!

@JMC9389 thank you again for bringing your new customs, they came out fantastic, some really cool and unique chips in the lineup.

Last night's game was a progressive bounty, these games are always interesting. And they always end in a chop lol

Thank you @Irish for the privilege of breaking in the Canoe Club chips at your game as a guest set. I hope you and the other guys enjoyed playing with the chips as much as I did. No other place I'd rather break in a set of customs. My regular crew will give compliments, sure, but they aren't chippers that understand the work, thought, and agonizing over chip and spot colors and progression that goes into a custom set. Ben nailed it on the head. I feel so lucky to be able to get the invite to come and splash some pots in your poker room which is a chip hobbyist's dream with a good group of people. Can't ask for anything more than that.

No such thing as a customs curse here. I'll be the first to acknowledge that I got lucky twice last night. First on the A8>88 hand and then again on the KQ>AQ hand that I was able to bink the flush on the river on that was the turning point of the game for me. Being able to scoop a bounty as large as that makes all of the difference in a progressive bounty game and gave me an instant profit on the day, regardless of where I finished in the tournament itself. That hand is pictured below. I feel fortunate that @sgago84 agreed to chop lol. I was getting my lunch fed to me on heads up play. I really need more practice with that. Still, we both made out very well at the end of the night when all was said and done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom