Found Screw it...BCC Riverboat V2 STT Set (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Here I am again. Another wanted ad, another difficult set of chips to find.

I know I'm probably at least #16 in the pecking order for a set of these, but I figure I'll throw my hat in the ring anyway. Never know unless you ask, right?

I have a 550 chip BCC Aquasino set on the Sun mold with the following breakdown for trade + cash from my end if it would be interesting at all:

120 $25
120 $100
130 $500
160 $1000
20 Flame mold Yellow BCC Fun Nites

If anyone wants to work out a three way trade where someone wants the Aquasinos and the seller of the Riverboats gets cash from both myself and the Aquasino buyer, I'm open to that too.

Thanks for looking!

Joe

Almost forgot, some pron (courtesy of @Casamada)
UYGrYpl.jpg

LOL how did I know this would be the set. Good luck! One of the greats for sure

Their Gen2 MardiGras set was so nice I thought.
Never got to own a set.
I had a BIG set of the Speakeasy BCCs before they went out of production.
One of the nicest sets ever for what I paid for them when they were on clearance.

What do these go for now? I think they were like on fire sale clearance too
ages ago on holdempokerchips

Their Gen2 MardiGras set was so nice I thought.
Never got to own a set.
I had a BIG set of the Speakeasy BCCs before they went out of production.
One of the nicest sets ever for what I paid for them when they were on clearance.

What do these go for now? I think they were like on fire sale clearance too
ages ago on holdempokerchips
Had? That makes me sad. Another awesome set!

To be honest I have no idea what a Speakeasy or Riverboat set would go for today in 2020. The last basis of a public sale indicates that the Riverboats were last sold at just about $1.75 per chip from a sale ad in 2017. I'd be willing to pay more than that per chip to get my hands on a set.

LOL how did I know this would be the set. Good luck! One of the greats for sure
Thank you! I'm sure going to need it.

I'm going to make my plea to the Chipping Gods here. Use my "one time" here. Right here and now for this set.

Here I am again. Another wanted ad, another difficult set of chips to find.

I know I'm probably at least #16 in the pecking order for a set of these, but I figure I'll throw my hat in the ring anyway. Never know unless you ask, right?

I have a 550 chip BCC Aquasino set on the Sun mold with the following breakdown for trade + cash from my end if it would be interesting at all:

120 $25
120 $100
130 $500
160 $1000
20 Flame mold Yellow BCC Fun Nites

If anyone wants to work out a three way trade where someone wants the Aquasinos and the seller of the Riverboats gets cash from both myself and the Aquasino buyer, I'm open to that too.

Thanks for looking!

Joe

Almost forgot, some pron (courtesy of @Casamada)
UYGrYpl.jpg
^^ One of the very few no-buy decisions that I have regretted during my long chipping career. Timing and availability was never quite right, and the window of opportunity passed me by. Would love to have a 1000- or 2000-chip set in the collection.

To be honest I have no idea what a Speakeasy or Riverboat set would go for today in 2020. The last basis of a public sale indicates that the Riverboats were last sold at just about $1.75 per chip from a sale ad in 2017. I'd be willing to pay more than that per chip to get my hands on a set.
I think that 2017 price is really low in today's market, given their relative scarcity. Personally, I'd be willing to sell-off premium stuff and spend upwards of $4/chip to get a set with a great breakdown.

Good luck with your quest. :tup:

^^ One of the very few no-buy decisions that I have regretted during my long chipping career. Timing and availability was never quite right, and the window of opportunity passed me by. Would love to have a 1000- or 2000-chip set in the collection.

I think that 2017 price is really low in today's market, given their relative scarcity. Personally, I'd be willing to sell-off premium stuff and spend upwards of $4/chip to get a set with a great breakdown.

The Mardi Gras set I thought was way nicer. I never saw any in person I think he sold very few.
Man, I sold off my big Speakeasy set on the cheap, I had like 1500 chips I got dirt cheap.
$4 a chip for these sets is pretty amazing.

I agree Dave, the really nice BCC sets regained attention from the big crowd it seems...I already mentioned them but there a few real gems out there.
Had no problem with paying premium for my Grand Cardroom MGK...i LOVE them.
3-4/chip is very realistic for these sets imho.

Good luck hunting JCM

Here is another gem for sale: here (great seller too)

Agree. Though I've been here under a year, it seems that the market is inflated a bit more now than it was a couple of years ago. If you're offering $4 a chip, I know that I'm going to be outbid. I'm willing to go over $2, maybe $3 for a good breakdown, but for a set, I haven't spent more than $3/chip. That's a difficult line for me to cross financially.

Do you know how many of these chips were made? I feel like there are more out there but that there isn't much changing hands within this community. Even those that do have them aren't selling, and for good reason.

Do you know how many of these chips were made? I feel like there are more out there but that there isn't much changing hands within this community. Even those that do have them aren't selling, and for good reason.
I'd guess that the run of web mold Riverboats was 5,000 chips total (BCC's minimum order at the time), and that Michael @ HoldemPokerChips envisioned ten 500-chip sets. That's a pretty small amount, hence the higher value I'd place on them in today's market. Not very many BCC web molds in existence, period.

I'd guess that the run of web mold Riverboats was 5,000 chips total (BCC's minimum order at the time), and that Michael @ HoldemPokerChips envisioned ten 500-chip sets. That's a pretty small amount, hence the higher value I'd place on them in today's market. Not very many BCC web molds in existence, period.
These are the only chips in quantity that I have seen on here that were produced on the web mold. You probably hit the nail on the head regarding how many are out there. I know where about 50% of them reside, and they're split among two members here. Doubt that either of them would sell. I'm trying to shake loose some of the other 50% :)

I’ve been searching for these for a while now. Like BG, I’m willing to spend a good amount for a nice playable set.

Good luck with your search. The journey is part of the fun.

These are the only chips in quantity that I have seen on here that were produced on the web mold. You probably hit the nail on the head regarding how many are out there. I know where about 50% of them reside, and they're split among two members here. Doubt that either of them would sell. I'm trying to shake loose some of the other 50% :)

I think the Speakeasy chips from there were on that same mold, its been over 10 years since I sold that set but the mold looks familiar.
The auction I sold them on I have no pics on eBay. Maybe in a super old folder somewhere I have the pics from when I sold them.
I think the Speakeasy ones were much more available.

These I THINK were the same colors as the Mari Gras set he had that was also very limited.

Its cool seeing some interest in these older BCC chips. Wish the Mardi Gras would have been available earlier.
It was after our regular tournaments died out. Id love to have that set. The Chipco Mardi Gras Queens were what got me into
chips.

Speakeasy and Mardi Gras v2 were on the T-mold. The first Mardi Gras clays were on the suits mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom