Tourney Satellite Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

DeeVee8

Straight
Reaction score
After playing in some of the PCF P* tournaments, I was thinking about using a similar idea and adding something to the big tournament that my group plays. We usually play tourneys with $40 buyins, so we're not high rollers by any stretch.

Even with rebuys, I highly doubt there is a chance to get a qualifier from the Micro Sat given the number of people in my group (~25 total), but the top half would still have the possibility to play their way into the $120 for just $5. Just a kid with a dream.

I envision that there would be a qualifier from the $10 and 2-3 qualifiers from the $20.

Sound like a good idea to you? More trouble than its worth? Need some objective opinions, I'm undecided.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 3.52.01 PM.png

Not sure on the group dynamic, but the tiered structure could potentially mean a $5 player gets free rolled through 3 more tourneys before a chance at pay. I'd be pretty bummed at that lost time. Maybe male 1/2 of pot prizes and freeroll a quarter of the field?

Skip the $10 level, and freeroll 25% into the $20 sat if fewer than 24 players?

What are you thougts about the structure of those sats? If i'm used to pay 40$ for a good structured live tournament, i'd be bumed to pay 5$ for a donk fest with only 1k chip and very fast structure.

I think @Beakertwang is right and you should opt out the 10$ (and make the 25% change) version for your first try. This would encourage more buy-ins for your micro.

If there is a lot of demand, maybe add it to the next big tournament.

Other than that i think it's a good idea and would give it a try.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom