Sad news . . . Updated: False Alarm! (1 Viewer)

Brookston

Straight
Reaction score
Edit: NOT THE SAME GUY! - Jason / H4tfan is alive and well. See post #19

I purchased a bunch of poker stuff from a gentleman near me who does storage unit auctions. He mentioned that the owner of the unit had passed away.
While going through the stuff I came across some items that made me realize that the unit had belonged to an old chiptalk member named Jason. He was H4tfan on the forum and ran Lazerchips, where he would laser etch custom chips for people.

Anyways, if anyone had a personal connection to Jason, IM me and I can send you a handful of etched chips, and maybe a sample set from his Forest City custom set, though I only found a few of those, as a memento.

WHOOPS!!!

IMG_20200129_190249.jpg
IMG_20200131_160008.jpg
IMG_20200131_160012.jpg

Last edited:
So sad...these chips are very unique. Love the idea. RIP Jason. (To be clear never interacted with Jason, just hoping his family is doing okay)

I didn't know Jason, but thank you for sharing this news, and making his work available to those who knew him.

I was just thinking the other day about the lasering work he did on the faux clays. :( Sorry to hear, RIP Jason.

I remember pming him about laser etching when I first joined CT. I didn’t know him at all either but I agree with @detroitdad , thanks for taking the time to realize what you were looking at and for trying to pass out some stuff to people he probably would have wanted it to go to.

Chip in Peace Jason and love and thoughts to your fam and friends out there that are still here on earth.

Damn!
That is too bad... :(

The white lasered chip from the Chiptalk meetup in 2008 Mesquite, TX was one of my first and I think my only time to meet him.

This may not be true... I’m aware that @joepro was corresponding with him recently and perhaps Jason just ran out on paying for the storage and the storage guy wasn’t correct.

Or perhaps it is true. Joepro can chime in if he has any info. I was going to help joe by going out to where Jason lives. I was hoping he did joes job and that I could talk him into an add on for my set.

I definitely remember Jason/H4tfan from the old days. We had many conversations about laser-etching of various types of chips (not just faux clays) and related design parameters for different projects. I have a sample or two of his work, which was both spectacular and unique.

He eventually disappeared for good, and didn't return any attempts to contact him. I often wondered what had happened.

@Brookston was there a BCC High Roller set in the stuff? I gave him a set as a thank you for doing my Broncos faux clays.

There were 3 bcc cdi chips. Almost all the chips were plastic chips. Got it mostly for a big box of trays.

This may not be true... I’m aware that @joepro was corresponding with him recently and perhaps Jason just ran out on paying for the storage and the storage guy wasn’t correct.
I hope you're right.

NOT THE SAME GUY! @Brookston or mods, please edit or delete the op out of respect. I just spoke with Jason and he is alive and well! He thought the guy with the locker died years ago. Jason is not doing laser etched chips at the moment but he will sign up as a vendor here if he starts doing the work again. @Jeff @Tommy

Last edited:
Sad news. I remember him and his work.

RIP Jason/H4tfan

NOT THE SAME GUY! @Brookston or mods, please edit or delete the op out of respect. I just spoke with Jason and he is alive and well! He thought the guy with the locker died years ago. Jason is not doing laser etched chips at the moment but he will sign up as a vendor here if he starts doing the work again. @Jeff @Tommy

FP updated.

Hey, good news! Well, now that we know everyone is good and well, if you have any extra sample sets like the ones in OP that you plan on still possibly selling, you’ll have a buyer here!
Now that we have that death thing out of the way... CHIPS! :p I like your mindset.

Now that we have that death thing out of the way... CHIPS! :p I like your mindset.
It didn’t cross my mind! I was like, snap, that sucks. Glad people can be reconnected though.

Then we find out it’s a false report, so I thought, heck, I’d love to own a piece of history from our users here and before!

It didn’t cross my mind! I was like, snap, that sucks. Glad people can be reconnected though.

Then we find out it’s a false report, so I thought, heck, I’d love to own a piece of history from our users here and before!
Totally joking. Just a funny and happy turn of events

This thread presents a unique chance for the layman (i.e. a person other than St. Peter) to ask the question "How was you funeral" upon meeting a new guy:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom