SOLD Rounders on the Scroll Mold (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradcorn

Pair
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
down to my last two racks of $5 chips

These chips are now available for retail for $2/chip (last I looked)

Price per rack of fives is as follows (shipping included)

1 rack - $140
2 racks - $270

i will throw in a dealer button for another $10

Last edited:
Pictures below

Attachments

• IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 626
  • IMG_1156.JPG
    IMG_1156.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_1157.JPG
    IMG_1157.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_1159.JPG
    IMG_1159.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_1160.JPG
    IMG_1160.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 517
Yeah, not ideal. The other split would have left me with just 3 racks of 5s left that I figured I could try to unload one at a time. So I sold a rack of quarters and the remaining 25s, 100s, and 500s.

Got an offer on the 500 plus chips with a "pay immediately" at the bottom. I went back and asked if he wanted to add some more $5s at discounted prices and got the back out the day after shipping the others. Not great. Just looking to get these moved at this point. Already replaced them with a custom cash set and have the GCRs now for tourney.

Some one backed out after a split???

You should out them, because that's horseshit.

I'll out myself because I don't think I did anything wrong, at least intentionally. Also let me state that I don't think Bradcorn did anything wrong either and I'm not mad at him or anything. Basically I made an offer on about 500 of the chips, and I did say I would pay immediately if Brad accepted. He came back with an offer to sell to me at my price per chip, but only if I bought more chips. In a separate message he said I could buy the quantity I desired at a bit higher per chip price. We were having a big grad party for my son that day and I had a lot on my mind and was very busy so I asked if I could get back to him the next day (Sunday). I pondered it Sunday morning and decided I did not want to pay any extra or buy extra chips (200 $5's is all I'll ever use) and told him no thanks on the offer. Then I moved on to a different chip plan for myself, as I'm sure many of us do.

Now comes the part where I guess I need the community to judge me. After that exchange a bit later I received a message from Brad that because of my offer he split up his chips and sold the 500's etc. and that now he was in a bad spot and would honor my original offer. There was honestly a fairly minor increase from my offer to his, but I declined his original offer nonetheless. I had no idea he had split up his chips before he messaged me. In my mind he still has a fine cash set available, albeit with too many $5's. I had already decided I no longer wanted the chips when I declined his offer earlier.

I guess the question is...were my actions acceptable since there never was offer and acceptance or did I do Brad wrong.

Also whatever people think I don't think Brad is a bad seller at all and I hope people don't think I am a bad buyer. I don't want to paint Brad in a bad light either, I just think things didn't work out on our sale. It's hard to explain a situation like this in text, but I tried my best.

Thanks,
mike

I'll out myself because I don't think I did anything wrong, at least intentionally. Also let me state that I don't think Bradcorn did anything wrong either and I'm not mad at him or anything. Basically I made an offer on about 500 of the chips, and I did say I would pay immediately if Brad accepted. He came back with an offer to sell to me at my price per chip, but only if I bought more chips. In a separate message he said I could buy the quantity I desired at a bit higher per chip price. We were having a big grad party for my son that day and I had a lot on my mind and was very busy so I asked if I could get back to him the next day (Sunday). I pondered it Sunday morning and decided I did not want to pay any extra or buy extra chips (200 $5's is all I'll ever use) and told him no thanks on the offer. Then I moved on to a different chip plan for myself, as I'm sure many of us do.

Now comes the part where I guess I need the community to judge me. After that exchange a bit later I received a message from Brad that because of my offer he split up his chips and sold the 500's etc. and that now he was in a bad spot and would honor my original offer. There was honestly a fairly minor increase from my offer to his, but I declined his original offer nonetheless. I had no idea he had split up his chips before he messaged me. In my mind he still has a fine cash set available, albeit with too many $5's. I had already decided I no longer wanted the chips when I declined his offer earlier.

I guess the question is...were my actions acceptable since there never was offer and acceptance or did I do Brad wrong.

Also whatever people think I don't think Brad is a bad seller at all and I hope people don't think I am a bad buyer. I don't want to paint Brad in a bad light either, I just think things didn't work out on our sale. It's hard to explain a situation like this in text, but I tried my best.

Thanks,
mike

Dude, your one of the nicest guys I know. You would never do anything malicious.

It's fine, and what's done is done. My only suggestion is to not offer an immediate payment if you are looking for less chips than the full listing, as that can be seen as a green light to move others (maybe I was too quick to accept and ship the other chips)

It's tough because the other split was being worked out on the side prior and when I got your message I assumed we were good to go so I pulled the trigger on the other sale. Things move quickly, no worries.

At the end of the day it's just chips. A minor annoyance since I've been in the market to sell these and have turned down splits in the past. But we can move on and look to getting these chips sold

IMO:

A counter-offer rejects a prior offer. It does not keep the prior offer open.

So you made an offer. He rejected it by counter-offering. You rejected the counter offer. Neither of you are under any further obligation.

He made a new offer (even if it was close to the original offer) to you and you rejected it.

I think you're good, @mike32.

IMO:

A counter-offer rejects a prior offer. It does not keep the prior offer open.

So you made an offer. He rejected it by counter-offering. You rejected the counter offer. Neither of you are under any further obligation.

He made a new offer (even if it was close to the original offer) to you and you rejected it.

I think you're good, @mike32.
Sounds like someone is putting their law school knowledge of "Contracts" into action!! I like it!!
I bought some chips from Brad. Good guy to deal with. Best of luck with the rest of your sale. These are great chips and a great price!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom