Root Beer (1 Viewer)

cpiaaq

Flush
Reaction score
Sparky’s is the best creamy style root beer. Brewed in Pacific Grove, CA, it may not have wide distribution. The best place to find it here is at BevMo.

If you like root beer of the creamy variety, do yourself a favor and drink this.

What are your favorites?

IMG_0401.jpeg

I like Virgil's. Has a strong licorice taste which may not be to everyone's liking. I will have to try Sparky's.

1703450512106.png

Extra points for a funny root beer story? Once in Europe, while working within a large multi-national team, one of the Americans smuggled in a case of root beer. He passed them around. Our French, British, Italian, Spanish, and Danish colleagues took one sip, spat it out, and fell over themselves to declare it either the worst drink in the word or carbonated cough syrup. We eventually noticed our four German colleagues were quiet. When we asked their thoughts, they showed their already empty cans and asked where they could get more.

Very interesting.

In Japan, only root beer from A&W is available.
There are also people who like this and people who don't.
I love root beer though!

Sparky’s is the best creamy style root beer. Brewed in Pacific Grove, CA, it may not have wide distribution. The best place to find it here is at BevMo.

If you like root beer of the creamy variety, do yourself a favor and drink this.

What are your favorites?

View attachment 1244915
Maybe I need to try it.

Very interesting.

In Japan, only root beer from A&W is available.
There are also people who like this and people who don't.
I love root beer though!
In the US, if you can find an A&W restaraunt, they brew the root beer in I store and it’s incredible. (the food is not good) The regular variety is good for how widely available it is.

IBC isn’t so bad as dice dice chips but that was funny. Maybe the best you can get in a grocery store chain.

I’ll be drinking a Freddy’s soon, can’t wait!

Not only is root beer one of my favorites, I’ve always loved an ice cream float (soda to some of you).
Root beer and vanilla ice cream. The best.

Even coming from the UK, I'm an absolute addict — and can safely say that this is the best stuff I've ever tried (think it's only available over here, too):

Screenshot_2023-12-24-21-35-47-88_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

In the US, if you can find an A&W restaraunt, they brew the root beer in I store and it’s incredible. (the food is not good) The regular variety is good for how widely available it is.

IBC isn’t so bad as dice dice chips but that was funny. Maybe the best you can get in a grocery store chain.

I’ll be drinking a Freddy’s soon, can’t wait!
You coming to Buffalo Trace by any chance?

Nah. Tina doesn't do it for me either in case you were wondering!View attachment 1244950
It's probably been 25 years since my last root beer but I do remember liking IBC.
Obligatory if you ever want to get rid of 2 barrels of those T1000s lmk :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Beautiful set, and I’m just giving you a hard time, anyone who wants to drink a root beer is a friend of mine!!

Oh I know I was just messing back/Not my set but was playing with it yesterday. (I knew you were looking for some) Good luck acquiring those & I'll keep my eyes peeled for you

We used to make our own and keg it. IIRC we used Gnome extract, made for very tasty beverages.

I’ve actually been on a root beer kick lately, so funny this is a thread.

I’ve had Stewart’s, Virgil’s and Maine. Stewart’s is my favorite thus far.

Anyone have a recommendation for sarsaparilla? I’ve always wanted to taste the difference between it and root beer. I know a true sarsaparilla had carcinogens and the ingredients banned in the US, but wonder how a modern sarsaparilla compares to root beer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom