Roman Weave MD-89 Atlantic Molding Home Set (1 Viewer)

Radams1970

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Picked up this amazing set. Was told the family purchased this about 50 years ago from The Poker Store in Orange County, CA and was hardly used. From the pics, it looks like they were barely used. Looks like they're MD-89 Atlantic Molding. Or at least from the link a member shared with me a while back.

Not that I'm going to sell but can anyone put a fair value on these, just to see if I made a good buy!

Thanks!

IMG_8396.JPEG

IMG_8397.JPEG

IMG_8398.JPEG

IMG_8399.JPEG

IMG_8400.JPEG

If you keep them, reach out to one of the hot stampers on the site. These would look great with an old school stamp.

@AK Chip are you still stamping? @Josh Kifer is another stamper.

Wow, that’s such an uncommon mold, I bet you might get two bucks apiece out of the right buyer, if you waited around long enough.
But 100 each of 4 colors isn’t a great breakdown, so I’d realistically put them at a buck apiece, which is on the very high side for non-Paulson clay solids.

The funny thing is back in the day when this was still available it was one of my least favorite ASM mold. I’ve come around to it though. They do seem like they’re in amazingly good condition. IIRC that mold is damaged so never going to be back in production.

Yeah the breakdown isn't great but being a rare and harder to find mold would fetch close to around $1/chip. Being blanks most people would either need to spend a little more money to hot stamp them or have them milled and labeled. Really nice condition Romans, nice pickup. :)

I think these are gorgeous and would probably lay out between $1 and $2 a chip for them if they came up for sale. Four colors at that quantity could make a tournament set, after all. :)

I feel like the love for these has increased a little as of late. Combine that with inflation and I think closer to $2 per chip is realistic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom