Robert Eisenstadt Estate Auction (2 Viewers)

Check out their FAQ: https://www.potterauctions.com/i/faq

Q: I was a successful bidder. When will I receive an invoice?
A: We will prepare an invoice within 1-2 business days of the sale. Your invoice will be emailed. The invoice will detail associate charges such as for shipping, if applicable.

Q: When is payment due?
A: Payment is due upon the receipt of your invoice. Buyers must settle invoices within seven business days following the sale.

Q: What forms of payment are accepted?
A: We accept payment by cash, check, and credit or debit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. There is an added 2.5% convenience fee for credit card payments. You may also send payments by wire transfer, Zelle and Chase QuickPay. Credit card payments can be made online through your account.

Q: How soon will my items be shipped?
A: We make every effort to ship orders in a timely fashion, typically between 4-8 business days from the time payment is received. Tracking information will be emailed to you.

Check out their FAQ: https://www.potterauctions.com/i/faq

Q: I was a successful bidder. When will I receive an invoice?
A: We will prepare an invoice within 1-2 business days of the sale. Your invoice will be emailed. The invoice will detail associate charges such as for shipping, if applicable.

Q: When is payment due?
A: Payment is due upon the receipt of your invoice. Buyers must settle invoices within seven business days following the sale.

Q: What forms of payment are accepted?
A: We accept payment by cash, check, and credit or debit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. There is an added 2.5% convenience fee for credit card payments. You may also send payments by wire transfer, Zelle and Chase QuickPay. Credit card payments can be made online through your account.

Q: How soon will my items be shipped?
A: We make every effort to ship orders in a timely fashion, typically between 4-8 business days from the time payment is received. Tracking information will be emailed to you.
Thanks for the link, somehow I missed the FAQ. I kept thinking under the buying tab there should have been this exact faq.

Sorry to hear you got outbid. A ton of the max bids I had kind of set for myself were just destroyed throughout the day.

What a coincidence... I ended up losing a small lot of ivory chips! :cautious:
Hope it wasn't lot the I got, that would be terrible. You start a thread to help raise awareness in the community and that's the thanks you get. Bummer, did you end up winning anything?

Thanks for the link, somehow I missed the FAQ. I kept thinking under the buying tab there should have been this exact faq.
Yeah, I kept having to dig around the site to find stuff. Surprisingly not well-organized.

Sorry to hear you got outbid. A ton of the max bids I had kind of set for myself were just destroyed throughout the day.
Likewise. This was my first "actual real auctionhouse auction" as opposed to eBay. I learned stuff! For example, I learned that the people who do this kind of auction seriously don't both placing online bids in advance, they just show up the day of the auction ready to rumble.

I noticed most of the Potter and Potter estimates were pretty accurate, usually with stuff going towards the low side of their estimates, but maybe one in five or one in ten were quite far off, with an item going for WAAAAAY more than the estimate. Naturally those were the items I was interested in. :)

Hope it wasn't lot the I got, that would be terrible. You start a thread to help raise awareness in the community and that's the thanks you get.
Nah, it's an auction, that's the nature of the beast. No hard feelings towards anyone else bidding. Too easy to tear yourself apart if you go down that road.

I'm glad you found something you liked and were able to pick it up!

Bummer, did you end up winning anything?
I did! The two things I most wanted, in fact. It helps that I like stuff that other people don't. :)

Wow, i didn't know we have some Ivory collectors here! Would love to see a few that you guys have. I don't have any real ivory chips at all in my collection.

I just checked, I ended up winning 4 lots out of 9, which I was happily surprised.

I'm not really a singles collector, but I did bid on a couple of interesting chips. I got outbid on all of them, prices were insane on a lot of it.

I considered the Sans Souci but didn't know enough about it. They were really moving at that point and it went unsold.

Wow, i didn't know we have some Ivory collectors here! Would love to see a few that you guys have.
Here is the entirety of my ivory collection:

1612117545503.png

1612117573984.png

If you'd like, I can post more pictures after the auctioneers ship it to me! :D

Seriously, though. I'm not really a singles collector either, and have never even considered ivory before, but Robert's collection included such a wide array of amazing objects that my wife and I couldn't resist making a try at a few lots we thought were particularly nice but hopefully not toooo far outside our budget. This is what we ended up with.

I like the first set because it's a matched set of three, one each of the three principal denominations, and colorful, with the appropriate colors. Dear Wife likes the second set because they're pretty. :) ... and also tulips are a particularly favorite flower of hers.

I was interested in a few of the crest-and-seal sets, but they very quickly went beyond my ability to justify. So that's something I'll make a small collection of some other day. Some great chips went into the hands of some folks who undoubtedly will appreciate them.

This is the set I got. I was looking at a couple different lots, actually chips were shockingly lower on the list of my wants. But Hey now I can say that I got some historic items. I was thinking of actually putting these in a display with the page from the catalog or something like that.

95240161_1_x.jpg

I'm late and new to all of this, but wow. Why are antique chips, generally speaking, so much better designed than the current chips in places like Vegas and AC?

I love the ornate details inside each of the pips! You can see it best in the diamonds, but they all have them.

I love the ornate details inside each of the pips! You can see it best in the diamonds, but they all have them.
Yeah Initially I didn't see it in the catalog but during the auction I could zoom in closer on each of the lots so I thought these might be a good pickup.

I can't believe I missed this. The catalog is full of interesting items. Chips start on p. 99 forward.

https://potterauctions.com/pdf/catalog_95web.pdf
Might want to sign up for their mailing list. It looks like they do an auction of similar gambling memorabilia about once a year (with magic, books, and other odd things making up the rest of the year). Here's their past auctions, and you can read through those catalogs as well: https://www.potterauctions.com/auctions/past

This years' auction, being the Eisenstadt estate, seems to have had more poker chips than most of their previous gambling auctions.

They had a major auction in 2019 for which I got the catalog, but did not bid on — the Tom Blue collection. He specialized in books and devices related to sharps and various forms of cheating, but had a lot of poker-related material. They seem to do quality auctions. (Where can one see the prices paid?)

damnit.. I would have bid on this. #549. ended up selling for $790. a bargain

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.33.39 PM.png

Where can one see the prices paid?
Look for buttons on each auction that say "Prices Realized". You'll also need to have the catalog for that auction open so you can cross-reference the lot numbers with what was in each lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom