RIP Robbie Robertson (1 Viewer)

Damn, what a loss.
I even loved the solo album from 1987. One of the best sounding recordings, and such great style.

Yeah, I believe that I also have a couple of his solo albums too. I can’t remember the dates so we’ll anymore. Lol.

Said hello to him at a Laker game years ago. He was totally cool and humble.

Just got through texting my buddy. The last week I’ve watched the Last Waltz twice (seen and listened to a million times) and been listening to selected tracks…weird

IMG_2387.jpeg

Interesting to note about Muddy Waters in The Last Waltz. I read this recently and had never realized that his performance almost didn’t get filmed:
  • Leave the Camera Running: Almost all of Muddy Waters' performance of "Mannish Boy", all but the last few seconds, is shown as a single unbroken take from a camera at stage right. The reason for this was that Waters had bounded on stage during what was supposed to be a scheduled camera break to change film. The only one who had film ready to shoot was Oscar-winner Laszlo Kovacs at stage right, who hadn't heard the message to change film because he had his headset off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom