Re-labeling questions from a newbie..! (1 Viewer)

QuadNines

Pair
Reaction score
Probably been asked and answer multiple time before - but I'm new to all of this, and need the experience of this community before I make any mistakes here...!

I've been reading a LOT and lusting over so many of the great customs out there... That being said though, my current budget is somewhat limited and we need about 600 or so chips... Looking to spend about $600 all-in when done...

We are working on custom labels, but have not firmed up a chip / series of chips yet...

Who out there can tell me how easy or difficult it may have been to remove labels from various types / brands of chips... With our budget, we are leaning primarily towards something like Apache's royals, or showdown, or majestics. While some of the ones I've seen come as blanks, others don't. How easily do these labels come off? I'm not afraid to do the work, to remove them, and re-label them - but I want to make sure this will 100% work...! Are there any chips out there that i definitely should NOT consider? Are there any higher end chips I should consider for relabeling - assuming we upped our budget?

All help, advice, stories, links etc. are welcome..!!

Probably been asked and answer multiple time before - but I'm new to all of this, and need the experience of this community before I make any mistakes here...!

I've been reading a LOT and lusting over so many of the great customs out there... That being said though, my current budget is somewhat limited and we need about 600 or so chips... Looking to spend about $600 all-in when done...

We are working on custom labels, but have not firmed up a chip / series of chips yet...

Who out there can tell me how easy or difficult it may have been to remove labels from various types / brands of chips... With our budget, we are leaning primarily towards something like Apache's royals, or showdown, or majestics. While some of the ones I've seen come as blanks, others don't. How easily do these labels come off? I'm not afraid to do the work, to remove them, and re-label them - but I want to make sure this will 100% work...! Are there any chips out there that i definitely should NOT consider? Are there any higher end chips I should consider for relabeling - assuming we upped our budget?

With the chips you are thinking about, it is fairly easy. All you need is a dull pocket knife basically. Someone may chime in saying that is a horrible idea and suggesting a better tool, which I will look forward to with interest, but that has worked for me with many hundreds of Milanos, Pharaohs, and Majestics (all China clay). You need to be careful not to stick your finger, and I hate the feel / sensation when the blade accidently scratches over the textured surface of the label (somewhat akin to fingernails on chalkboard). But basically, just look for a spot where the label is slightly gapped from the recess, and dig the knife in there somewhat firmly and then gently nudge it under the label until you can peel it. Most of the time they come off pretty clean, with Apache chips. With Milanos (and maybe other Claysmith chips) the label is multi-layered and sometimes comes apart, but still easy to remove.

As for what series of chips to use, I suggest getting samples from all the China Clay sets available, and then choosing your favorite chips from whatever set, and mixing and matching. You can find some particular colors or ideas which may tie your "mixed set" together for you. I find that in each of the sets mentioned above, there are some really nice, sharp looking chips that make me want to build a set around them, and other very dull, blah ones I would never want to play with.

I am working on a mixed "super set," ready for anything, way too many denominations, which is about half stock chips and half custom relabeled chips. Can't post full pictures yet due to still waiting on many of the labels, but will eventually. It has been fun sort of solving the puzzle of exactly which chips I want to use for each denomination and how to relabel the ones that need it.

Royals from Apache are available as blanks too, no?

Not within budget, but if doing Paulsons make sure you choose to murder chips with vinyl inlays rather than the older ones with paper inlays. That process will make a grown man cry.

You can get fully custom ceramic chips within the budget of ~$600 for 600 pieces. BRpro domestic will be able to help you with some great chips or for slightly less and longer lead time you can go Chinese cards mold.

Get in on a Tina chip group buy and you won't have to relabel anything. 600 chips will cost you $300 or less. Better quality chips than relabeling Majestics. Don't forget relabeling will need two labels per chip so in addition to your chip costs, labels will cost you another .40/chip.

First piece of advice....trash the budget and go for your grail set!! If you budget and don't go for your grail chips....you'll only find yourself yearning for more.

Second piece of advice....kill the shit out of all of them. :)

You do you Eddie!!

Screenshot_20220914-220140_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220914-220039_Chrome.jpg

Get in on a Tina chip group buy and you won't have to relabel anything. 600 chips will cost you $300 or less. Better quality chips than relabeling Majestics. Don't forget relabeling will need two labels per chip so in addition to your chip costs, labels will cost you another .40/chip.
Where do we get on a Tina group never heard of this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom