Re-labeling customer chips (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I am looking to acquire a set of CC majestics that have a custom label on them. Has anyone got any experience in removing custom label and applying new one that I am looking to order from @Gear ?

Thanks in advance

I am looking to acquire a set of CC majestics that have a custom label on them. Has anyone got any experience in removing custom label and applying new one that I am looking to order from @Gear ?

Thanks in advance

Just so I understand correctly... they are Majestic chips, but with custom (non-Majestic) labels on them?

Removing the label will be quite easy with a pocket knife or even just your fingernail. Depending on what kind of label was used and how long it has been on the chip, there could be some adhesive residue left behind, which can be a bit of a pain to clean up. If the original label happens to be under the custom label (not sure if there is enough recess for this) then both should come off quite cleanly.

Removing the label will be quite easy with a pocket knife or even just your fingernail. Depending on what kind of label was used and how long it has been on the chip, there could be some adhesive residue left behind, which can be a bit of a pain to clean up. If the original label happens to be under the custom label (not sure if there is enough recess for this) then both should come off quite cleanly.
I am investigating whether they are both on. Would it be easier to clean the residue if they were both on?

Also, how would I clean it? (Ive never relabled chips)

Yes I just pulled off an original Majestic label and it came off perfectly cleanly, no additional work required.

Isopropyl alcohol, orange peels, De-Solv-It, Goo Gone have all been recommended for cleaning adhesive residue. Always test a sample in a small area to see how the chip reacts. Goo Gone for example can be pretty aggressive.

Any adhesive residue left behind should come up easily just from the friction of rubbing it off with your finger.

I've taken the labels off of several hundred china clays and 1200 NexGens. Some labels were pretty stubborn, but I never had to resort to a cleaning product to remove any of the residue.

You can also buy blanks from Apache. Save you a few cents and a lot of hand work.
except that I would have to pay 90$ shipping to the UK plus 20% VAT. the chips I found are in the EU and very reasonably priced shipping included. The sad life of EU chip lovers hahaha. thanks for the tip though :)

For original labels, I completely agree. :)

Only mentioned the potential for stubborn residue because we don't have any info on what kind of custom labels are on the chips in question.

except that I would have to pay 90$ shipping to the UK plus 20% VAT. the chips I found are in the EU and very reasonably priced shipping included. The sad life of EU chip lovers hahaha. thanks for the tip though :)

Ahh good call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom