Ray Liotta dead at 67... RIP "Goodfella." (1 Viewer)

I used to watch NO ESCAPE regularly in high school... probably wore out the VHS... gonna have to throw it up tonight in tribute. Will have to give Goodfellas a watch as well. Got them both on my PLEX...

1653585945907.png

I just re watched Goodfellas recently. Such a great movie again and again. Sad news :(

Goodfellas is a perfect movie. RIP fellow Ray.

Will always be mostly remembered for Goodfellas and Field of Dreams but not many people played the menacing, slightly unhinged bad guy better. A recent example of how good he was in the right role is The Many Saints of Newark. It was mediocre at best, but Liotta was an absolute standout in both roles he played in it. In truth, he probably should have had an even bigger career following on from Goodfellas.

5 vaccinations
pretty sure this is a d-bag threadjack, so I’ll just “ignore” and move on.

“The Lufthansa Heist…”. Word is he was a good egg. Peace to him and his family and friends.

Will always be mostly remembered for Goodfellas and Field of Dreams but not many people played the menacing, slightly unhinged bad guy better. A recent example of how good he was in the right role is The Many Saints of Newark. It was mediocre at best, but Liotta was an absolute standout in both roles he played in it. In truth, he probably should have had an even bigger career following on from Goodfellas.
I’ve read a couple people saying that about him in Saints. I guess maybe I just wasn’t a fan. He was a great bastard in the one role, but in the other role - the uncle in jail - I thought he was just as average as could be, not bad but nothing memorable.
I might have goodfellas in my top 5 favorite movies and in that one role, Ray Liotta gave us the world, as far as I’m concerned. But I feel like most other times I saw him on screen, I was not impressed. Maybe I afoul watch a few more that I may have missed.

We get it Mike. Everything is a conspiracy or a cover up. Some of your posts are amusing, others are ridiculous for a grown man. Pushing a narrative that the vaccine is the probable cause of death for the above celebrities makes you an asshat of the first order. And that is being kind.

Last edited:
Rip Ray Liotta.

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.

An early 90s thriller I thought was better than it got credit for was, “Unlawful Entry.” He did a great job of playing the villain in that role.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom