Rate this inlay - Olivia's Poker Hall (2 Viewers)

Rate this inlay on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best.

• Total voters

RainmanTrail

Straight Flush
Reaction score
IMG_20200712_151058.jpg

What inlay size is that? It’s not giant, but it’s too big to be grand. Might be a 41mm rhc I guess.

Although they’re not as yuge as the PNY inlays, they’re still too big for people to see what the base color is on this should be glorious chip:
15986374-4B27-4796-B8AF-ED9279EB4895.png

I don’t love the design, but it’s not the worst ever. I’ll give it a 3, but that’s rounding up.

Although they’re not as yuge as the PNY inlays, they’re still too big for people to see what the base color is on this should be glorious chip:
View attachment 490291
I don’t love the design, but it’s not the worst ever. I’ll give it a 3, but that’s rounding up.
Nothing like taking a glorious 8V chip and transforming it into an ugly 8-trapezoid monstrosity....

This inlay looks like something I could throw together in MS paint (to be clear, that's not a good thing).

1, only because 0 isn't an option.

Imo this is another inlay, like the pnys, that's pretty weird and shoudn't work, but does.

There is a reason these are a grail set for many, and the inlay is a big part of it.

Unique and awesome.

Imo this is another inlay, like the pnys, that's pretty weird and shoudn't work, but does.

There is a reason these are a grail set for many, and the inlay is a big part of it.

Unique and awesome.

It's funny, I absolutely love the PNYs (despite all the reasons people mention why they suck), but I find the Olivia's hideous in every way. To each their own!

It's funny, I absolutely love the PNYs (despite all the reasons people mention why they suck), but I find the Olivia's hideous in every way. To each their own!
I concur with this sentiment. PNY innocent of all charges. Olivia guilty... take her down to the cells to await sentencing :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

You gotta hold them in your hand
I'd be concerned my hand would burst into flames. Certainly all of my other Paulsons would be giving me glaring looks.

Gotta wonder if the Paulson 'artistic' staff drew that up. Free advertising....

Other than size, I don't particularly find the inlays ugly, just insulting. It's the perfect design for those horrific PAULSON CHIPS mold chips.

"We hear you like Hats and Canes, we're trying out gloves to see if that takes off too"

Guaranteed if these were readily available the 51 people who voted 1 or 2 could not buy these fast enough. These polls seem flawed for that reason. But the threads are fun.

Same with RHC's many bash them but yet when a big sale happens they sell out that day sometimes within an hour or two.

Wow. At a quick glance, this is looking like a sub 3 star rated inlay? Hmmm, well there's a lot of voters that don't regularly post in these threads, so I guess I can't speak for all of them. But for those that do repeatedly give high ratings that I can't understand, they routinely mention "clean" text and "readability" for the denom.

That alone should be worth something (+2) Beyond that I could see subjectivity. If I never saw a poker chip in my life and you showed me 100, at least these would stand out for having a feminine element "Olivia's". When I get tired of just seeing poker room and golf balls on every chip, it's a welcome touch of something else. (+1). Lastly, I like the chips that tell a story, that have imagery. Dunes provide me with a picture in my mind, vineyards create a picture, outposts create a picture. I see the magicians assistant here, long stockings, tight leotard.

So yeah, I get the rest of the issues people may have. Personally I'm a 3 or 4, could easily see a 2 or 5 argued well. No idea why 1s and 2s are so prevalent on a chip that you can at least read. Bizzare.

Guaranteed if these were readily available the 51 people who voted 1 or 2 could not buy these fast enough. These polls seem flawed for that reason. But the threads are fun.

Same with RHC's many bash them but yet when a big sale happens they sell out that day.
I agree that the polls are flawed.
I might be an outlier, but I wouldn’t buy these chips if they were available. Unless they were really cheap, and then I’d only be buying them because it would feel stupid not to. Like the recent RHC Lady Luck chip sale - I bought some because it seemed like a no-brainer to buy mint paulsons that included fracs.
A month later, I sold them at a slight loss.
Again, the polls are flawed, for sure.
But 1) I’m sure there’s plenty of other guys who want nothing to do with RHCs, especially RHCs with big inlays, and
2) I bet there are plenty of people who would have killed for Olivia’s or Ritz ten years ago, whose tastes have changed (refined?)

I agree that the polls are flawed.
I might be an outlier, but I wouldn’t buy these chips if they were available. Unless they were really cheap, and then I’d only be buying them because it would feel stupid not to. Like the recent RHC Lady Luck chip sale - I bought some because it seemed like a no-brainer to buy mint paulsons that included fracs.
A month later, I sold them at a slight loss.
Again, the polls are flawed, for sure.
But 1) I’m sure there’s plenty of other guys who want nothing to do with RHCs, especially RHCs with big inlays, and
2) I bet there are plenty of people who would have killed for Olivia’s or Ritz ten years ago, whose tastes have changed (refined?)
Well the real proof is in the huge popularity of the chip sales of which many are indeed RHC.

I'm sure if those who don't like them don't buy them. But you bought some of which many averaged around $2 and up per chip. Up for debate if that is "cheap".

Not sure why you would buy them if you don't like them and then sell them at a loss... That doesn't make any sense.

Any yes, today or especially back in the day if I had an opportunity to buy these, I absolutely would. Back in the day I assume you could buy these chips for under $1 a chip. Today I'm sure prices would be too out of reach in most cases.

I'd be concerned my hand would burst into flames. Certainly all of my other Paulsons would be giving me glaring looks.

Gotta wonder if the Paulson 'artistic' staff drew that up. Free advertising....

Other than size, I don't particularly find the inlays ugly, just insulting. It's the perfect design for those horrific PAULSON CHIPS mold chips.
I owned about 1500 all together at one time back in the CT days to build my 50c rack
Pretty sure it makes your hands young like the fountain of youth :p

The last RHC chips I purchased were Oak Trees, many years ago (and long since gone). No Horseshoes (Cleveland or Cincinnati), no Jacks, no Roadhouse, no Lady Luck, nada RHC chips of any kind whatsoever -- I practice what I preach. And I wouldn't buy these either, at any price.

32 current sets, and zero RHC chips. Ymmv.

The last RHC chips I purchased were Oak Trees, many years ago (and long since gone). No Horseshoes (Cleveland or Cincinnati), no Jacks, no Roadhouse, no Lady Luck, nada RHC chips of any kind whatsoever -- I practice what I preach. And I wouldn't buy these either, at any price.

Mine are all the opposite, all RH&C I think besides the short time with this Empress set.

Like TRK, not all RHC are created equal ;)

I was happy to make an exception for these:

- PCA $1 sec -> mint, leaded & textured inlay + part of one of nicest chip sets available
- Sheraton roulettes -> mint, leaded & textured inlay
- Mesquite Star -> mint, leaded & Nevada OG

I don't own any RHC sets either. If I ever made an exception, it would probably be for Vinyards, but I don't see that happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom