Tourney Quick help needed for tourney structure (3 Viewers)

Saoliver

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I know that the answer is already in here somewhere, but I don't have time to search. Maybe @BGinGA has a quick (even smart-ass) answer for me. :p

Looking for a structure for around 2 hours for 9 players, T25 base.

Blind structure? How long should rounds last?

Thanks.

If you do T10,000 starting stacks, and no rebuys, the tourney should end when blinds are 2000/4000, maybe 2500/5000. Start there and work your way backwards.

I always favor 18 minute rounds for 9 players at a minimum. So for two hours that means 7 levels tops. (2h06m)

50-100, 75-150, 100-200, 150-300, 200-400, 300-600, 400-800

Per the 20BB rule, about 16K is your ideal total chips in play. If you are allowing re entry, assuming a 50% rate, that's about 14 buy ins. 16K/14 buy ins is about a starting stack of Per the 20x rule that leaves about a T1200 starting stack.

Lesson here. 2 hours really isn't very long.

If you forbid re-entry Then your starting stack should be 16K/9 or about T1800 starting stack.

If you forbid re-entry and shorten the levels to 16 minutes you could play a 600-1200 level. That would mean 1200*20 is your ideal chips in play at the end or about 24K. Divided by 9 stacks makes your starting stack a little over T2500.

If you can play 2.5 hours instead of 2, with no re-entry, then you can play two more levels, 800-1600, 1200-2400. That means 48K in play, divided by 9 is just over T5000.

So bottom line, I hope you weren't hoping for any deep stack play. By stretching every one of your parameters I got to a T5000 starting stack as a 50BB start.

Hope this helps.

I’ve been thinking about this myself - running some turbos with a T25 5k stack.

Two options off the top of my head -

10 minute levels:
25/25
25/50
50/100
75/150
100/200
150/300
200/400
300/600
400/800
500/1000
700/1500
1000/2000

Or 15 minute levels
25/25
25/50
50/100
100/200
200/400
300/600
500/1000
1000/2000

Edit - this second one can be tweaked plenty so it doesn’t start so slow and end so fast. But my goals were 5k stacks, ending when the bb is 2k

Appreciate it.

No rebuys. If we go 2 1/2 hours, that's fine. Just really want to get to the juicy cash game with a bunch of electricians. :cool

How about just a double-up sit-and-go instead? 8 players buy in, last 4 cash out. That will go faster. All for playing faster if the payoff is a good cash game after :).

I think a double-up tourney would be a better warm-up for a cash game than a regular tourney anyway. Get the degens hyped, then get right to the action ASAP instead of sitting around waiting.

I think a double-up tourney would be a better warm-up for a cash game than a regular tourney anyway. Get the degens hyped, then get right to the action ASAP instead of sitting around waiting.
How about just a double-up sit-and-go instead? 8 players buy in, last 4 cash out. That will go faster. All for playing faster if the payoff is a good cash game after :).
As a tournament lover, smoke is starting to pour out of my ears. We’re already making it a crapshoot turbo by doing it in two hours. If we have to further water it down by paying half the table, why even bother?

If everybody views the tournament as just an appetizer for the cash game, then just play a damn cash game. But if people are there to play a tournament, give them a real tournament and get over it.

As a tournament lover, smoke is starting to pour out of my ears. We’re already making it a crapshoot turbo by doing it in two hours. If we have to further water it down by paying half the table, why even bother?

If everybody views the tournament as just an appetizer for the cash game, then just play a damn cash game. But if people are there to play a tournament, give them a real tournament and get over it.
So what are your thoughts on an All-in or Fold Tournament? :unsure: :wtf:

I primarily use this for T25 and it works good. Ends around level 15 or 16 with 10k starting stack @ 20min levels. Could use something similar with half stacks and or shorter times. Maybe take out level 2 as well.
file_1613185376708.png

My assumption was that the goal is to trick tournament players into playing cash. :)
I'm hoping to give electricians a warm up before a juicy cash game. A bunch of gamblers with money. :cool

I'm not the host, but I'm running the tournament for a buddy who is having some coworkers/friends over.

I primarily use this for T25 and it works good. Ends around level 15 or 16 with 10k starting stack @ 20min levels. Could use something similar with half stacks

that's the trick here. Half-stacks only reduces two levels, because the tournament ends on the level where the BB is half as much as in a full stack tournament.

This is pretty much a perfect structure otherwise.

But to fit the timeframe, halving the starting stack moves the ending from L16 to L14, and then dropping the first two levels effectively means still playing 12 levels in 120 minutes in the original parameters.

I primarily use this for T25 and it works good. Ends around level 15 or 16 with 10k starting stack @ 20min levels. Could use something similar with half stacks and or shorter times. Maybe take out level 2 as well.View attachment 684374
Yup, I'll run this blind structure without level 2. 15min rounds and 7500 starting stacks. This should hopefully get us under 3 hours.

Thanks, all.

that's the trick here. Half-stacks only reduces two levels, because the tournament ends on the level where the BB is half as much as in a full stack tournament.

This is pretty much a perfect structure otherwise.

But to fit the timeframe, halving the starting stack moves the ending from L16 to L14, and then dropping the first two levels effectively means still playing 12 levels in 120 minutes in the original parameters.
Good to know my friend, thanks :D

I know that the answer is already in here somewhere, but I don't have time to search. Maybe @BGinGA has a quick (even smart-ass) answer for me. :p

Looking for a structure for around 2 hours for 9 players, T25 base.

Blind structure? How long should rounds last?

Thanks.
A 59% blind increase structure (ranging from 50% to 66%) usually finishes in around two hours for a single table. We use it for a lot of the Main Event satellites at meet-ups. It's a fast turbo format, but doesn't feel like a shove-fest.

I'll post the schedule in a bit.

A 59% blind increase structure (ranging from 50% to 66%) usually finishes in around two hours for a single table. We use it for a lot of the Main Event satellites at meet-ups. It's a fast turbo format, but doesn't feel like a shove-fest.

I'll post the schedule in a bit.
The 2-3-5-8-12 type of structure?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom