Tourney Quick & Dirty Blinds Timer (v2) (1 Viewer)

HobokenNJ

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been playing around with the Love2D programming language, and have been trying to create a standalone blinds timer based on the web-based blinds timer I introduced in this thread.

I'm getting close to it being ready for beta testers. If you're interested, please DM me. I'd prefer to work on the Mac version first if there are Mac users out there. But should be able to provide a Windows version, if only Windows users are available. (As noted in other threads, I'm not a programmer or designer so there may be several mistakes both programmatically and aesthetically.)

(In case you're curious, the idea to create a stand-alone version was stolen from @Dix . Apologies for the appropriation.)

Steal away..... I'm good with it. :D

Beta testing?????
4c3bbb91a785b25555922a02e3eadee6.jpg

If others are interested in downloading, here's the link: https://threeflags.itch.io/timer. The password is: pcf

So far it looks to be running okay on Mac, but not on Windows. I've asked for help on the love2d forums. If someone is successful in getting the Windows program to run, please DM me.

Just as an FYI for Windows users.....

I tested on a 64-bit Quad-Core laptop. Open Windows "Task Manager" & monitor the "Performance" tab.

Issue I had was one processor core running at over 80% continuously even with the program at what should be an "idle" state. (just displaying setup or non-running timer screen), & eventually leading to thermal issues.

Also, apparently Win7 & up is a must. Couldn't get it to run on a 32-bit XP machine. If anyone has a 32-bit Win7+ machine kicking around the result might prove useful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom