Purchase Protection (1 Viewer)

horseshoez

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Every so often I read about nightmare stories every so often regarding chips that go missing, damaged, etc... I've dodged a few bullets myself in the realm of chipping disasters simply by using my go-to card whenever I needed to give myself some peace of mind. Yes, there is obviously going to be a fee associated with using a credit card rather than PayPal balance or debit however if the purchase is that important to you or large enough, then it warrants making sure you're covering it by using the right card.

Some of you probably already heard of Purchase Protection but for those of you that haven't, you need to be aware of it. Almost every credit card out there has it a free embedded benefit along several others. Just type the name of your card followed by "Purchase Protection" in a search engine, you'll quickly find out if it has it along with all the details such as items covered, not covered, types of incidents covered, amount, and more details. If you find that your card doesn't have it, here's a link below with some of the best cards that have it. Keep in mind most purchase protection programs have an exclusion for items lost via a courier (USPS, UPS, FedEX, etc...) Obviously unless you've added insurance to your shipment, you're going to be SOL when a shipment shows as delivered and is nowhere to be found. On the contrary, if it really was delivered and some porch pirate stole it, in comes purchase protection. File a police report, file the claim using your card company, submit everything they ask for, and voila. Not sure many have had instances where they damage a large portion of their chips or other items but it's there for that reason as well. Happy Sunday and happy chipping!

https://upgradedpoints.com/best-credit-cards-for-purchase-protection/

This is great advice. I use my credit card (linked to my Paypal account, I don't link my bank card to Paypal) for every purchase related to this hobby for this very reason.

My bank account is linked to PayPal, but this is really good advice moving forward, I think I will change it to my card (assuming there are no additional fees involved for sending $ quickly, because that was always a concern with cc connection.

All depends on the type of transaction. If it’s Goods and Services and seller has agreed to cover the fee, nothing additional paid.

I filled out a Send request as if I were to send money and this is what shows up;

E64E799E-7594-4F3A-845B-58E2B3D41D56.jpeg

It adds the 2.9% to the transaction. Whether or not it’s worth it comes down to the buyer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom