AMEX partnered with PayPal (1 Viewer)

horseshoez

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I had to provide an update regarding protecting your purchases via credit card. I know that most people were concerned with the 2.9% fee that PayPal would add when using your credit card for purchases. I received an email from AMEX basically stating that they've partnered with PayPal and a few other platforms to do away with that 2.9% fee. Here are the primary benefits from going the credit card route now that the fee isn't a barrier,

1) You're able to utilize purchase protection to protect your purchases. In the case that your chips are stolen or damaged, you'll no longer bang your head on the wall over why you didn't buy additional insurance when they were shipped. AMEX's Purchase Protection can be utilized so long as it happened with 90 days of purchasing your items.

2) Some guys will want to benefit from sign up bonuses with AMEX and for someone purchasing a set that hits that spend requirement in one shot or maybe just a couple purchases, this will do the job to get those 100,000 points or whatever the bonus is at the time.

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 5.20.30 PM.png

I had to provide an update regarding protecting your purchases via credit card. I know that most people were concerned with the 2.9% fee that PayPal would add when using your credit card for purchases. I received an email from AMEX basically stating that they've partnered with PayPal and a few other platforms to do away with that 2.9% fee. Here are the primary benefits from going the credit card route now that the fee isn't a barrier,

1) You're able to utilize purchase protection to protect your purchases. In the case that your chips are stolen or damaged, you'll no longer bang your head on the wall over why you didn't buy additional insurance when they were shipped. AMEX's Purchase Protection can be utilized so long as it happened with 90 days of purchasing your items.

2) Some guys will want to benefit from sign up bonuses with AMEX and for someone purchasing a set that hits that spend requirement in one shot or maybe just a couple purchases, this will do the job to get those 100,000 points or whatever the bonus is at the time.

View attachment 969654
So did you confirm that if you add money to your AMEX send account and then pay with the send balance amount through PP you still get the purchase protection? This is not the same process as buying something with your credit card. I do it all the time (use the send account), it is very useful but I do not believe purchase protection applies to using money out of your send account for a purchase. In fact they specifically tell you you are not allowed to use your send account money to buy goods or services:

“You are not permitted to use your Send Account to pay for the purchase of goods or services, to make payments to merchants, or to make any type of business payment or other similar designations, or to make payments on loans or debts you owe arising from the purchase of goods or services or other transaction with a merchant.”

So did you confirm that if you add money to your AMEX send account and then pay with the send balance amount through PP you still get the purchase protection? This is not the same process as buying something with your credit card. I do it all the time (use the send account), it is very useful but I do not believe purchase protection applies to using money out of your send account for a purchase. In fact they specifically tell you you are not allowed to use your send account money to buy goods or services:

“You are not permitted to use your Send Account to pay for the purchase of goods or services, to make payments to merchants, or to make any type of business payment or other similar designations, or to make payments on loans or debts you owe arising from the purchase of goods or services or other transaction with a merchant.”

I'm in the process of checking with them by calling them and asking about a few things. For what it's worth, I've purchased an item before via PayPal F&F, experimented with it and the experiment didn't go as planned. I put in a claim for the item and it was honored. Now, will that be the same for AMEX Send funded purchases, I'm not sure but it doesn't change the fact that I made the purchase with PayPal F&F. I asked the person to provide me with a receipt to verify the purchase for them, and that was all that was needed.

At the very least, you'll be able to make a purchase on your card and circumvent the 2.9% fee, especially when its a large purchase.

At the very least, you'll be able to make a purchase on your card and circumvent the 2.9% fee, especially when its a large purchase.
This is the way…

and is why I use it at times if my PP balance is low. FYI there is also a rolling 30 day max limit on the amount you can put in it, the top end of that depends on the level of card you have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom