PSA: Harbor Freight Apache 3800 case on sale for $29.99 (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the tip. Picked up a 3800 to have plenty of space for a 500 chip travel set.
A948C186-B8BC-44AE-B721-38D427BEB910.jpeg

Wish the 3800 came in yellow. Grabbed another today in Tan since didn't have that color yet and hit up Lowes for some more Pasti Dip.

IMG_5975.JPG

Did you cut the foam yourself to fit the racks?

I need something like this and was looking at the Versa Games ones: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XYGD2XR/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AJP1RLMXPOFSA&psc=1 -- obviously I'd rather go with the Apache for the added protection :D
Yeah - the 2 middle layers of foam are perforated for easy pluck and play. You can lay out what you want to store to see which pieces of foam to take out. The Plasti-dip was new to me and a good tip.

The case is pretty big for carrying 500 chips, but has assassin chic when you show up on location with chips, cards and buttons.

Yeah - the 2 middle layers of foam are perforated for easy pluck and play. You can lay out what you want to store to see which pieces of foam to take out. The Plasti-dip was new to me and a good tip.

The case is pretty big for carrying 500 chips, but has assassin chic when you show up on location with chips, cards and buttons.
Thanks. I'm looking at 600 chips, 20 plaques, two decks, and a dealer button. Sounds like it'll fit if I'm smart with the foam.

708D9442-D287-473C-B725-DDCC1703AEAA.jpeg

Okay someday i will figure out how to post words and pictures together. But anyway the above picture is a bunch of military surplus laptop cases i bought with the intention of converting them to poker chip cases. Yeah they are beat up and probably not the lightest thing to carry chips in but does anyone have any ideas on where i could get foam i can cut fairly cheaply. I dont think the pluck foam works for a chip set you access regularly and i dont want to pay 108 dollars for a custom laser cut insert lol.

View attachment 1128366

Okay someday i will figure out how to post words and pictures together. But anyway the above picture is a bunch of military surplus laptop cases i bought with the intention of converting them to poker chip cases. Yeah they are beat up and probably not the lightest thing to carry chips in but does anyone have any ideas on where i could get foam i can cut fairly cheaply. I dont think the pluck foam works for a chip set you access regularly and i dont want to pay 108 dollars for a custom laser cut insert lol.
The pluck foam is PERFECT for your application. Once you pluck the foam the way you want it you use the Plasti Dip spray on the foam.

Thanks for the tip on the sale -- picked up a 3800 today. I see some of the pics in this thread but would be interested to see one from someone who has 43mm justin racks

Thanks for the tip on the sale -- picked up a 3800 today. I see some of the pics in this thread but would be interested to see one from someone who has 43mm justin racks
Apache appreciation bump. Top is 43mm cash set, 800 + 2 setups and buttons with room to spare.

Bottom is 1200 chips, 43 and 50mm plus two setups and buttons. Fantastic, enough for 30 people plus bounties and rebuys and whatever else I need.

Love these cases; use them for anything!
View attachment 1157395

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom