Pre & Post "The Chip Room" activity (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the amount of classified sales of deep vault rare racks and nice chips in the classified last week and this week? I'm assuming in preparation for the recent "the Chip Room" sale of Diamond Jack and Roulettes there was quite a bit of really nice stuff being offered in hopes of generating some cash for the big sale, It seems. Also shortly after seemed like the same thing. Perhaps those who managed to get through the ordering process in time and spent some cash selling off some stuff from the vault to help finance the chip room chips.

So I haven't been here long so I'm not sure if I'm seeing patterns that aren't there. Those who have been around much longer, have you experienced the same thing? Seems to be almost as many good deals in the classifieds in and around the time of these big sales that if you loose big on "the chip room" sale like I did, you can find some nice stuff in the chippers vaults as they unload.

Care to comment on this? Are there good times and bad times to buy and sell? share your experience.

No offense, but the chip room selling $200 roulette racks and rhc chips aren’t generating deep vault rack sales.

TCR sale isn’t even registering compared to the ongoing ripple effects of Tigers. Hundreds of thousands of dollars across a focused contingent.

There is some form of this type of question/thought asked on a regular basis, I’d say we’re averaging well over one per month.

Good question as a newer chipper though.
Classifieds are full of nice chips for sale, Jim lowers some prices during a sale to move chips. It’s never been tougher to sell chips on the secondary market. Like the title says, are we at market saturation point??
Same question someone asks every month.

Classifieds are filled with people selling the same chips that are higher than historical prices and bump forever.

People can Stan for Jim as much as they want, but since I’ve been a member he lists at what he can sell everything at, not to help chippers. If eBay or somewhere else was a better business decision, that’s where he’d be. Jumers were mint Paulsons, they were also the most boring with what has to be an objectively horrendous label (no one even knew wtf they said or were) so they continue to sit in resales at that $2 mark. His recent sale was for solids, the “great deal” was for T set with solids except one spotted T100 that looks like a dice chip :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

We just had Tigers that were sold brilliantly, they were sold at the tippy top of their potential market, but now we’re on sale #18 of them. Multiple denoms have been resold by chippers at a loss.

We just forever continue to trudge forward. From here on out, there will always be great chips for sale. When people snap buy some sets for $10k, everyone that lists their Outposts or LCOs or Tonks or Mardi Gras are going to list for an insane price hoping to catch a whale.

So sure, classifieds are full of great chips and sets. I wouldn’t want to be a new chipper starting today.

(No negative tone above, it’s just the same question we see on a constant basis, goes hand in hand with the “is there a GB happening?! Look at all these chips!” weekly comments)

Has anyone noticed the amount of classified sales of deep vault rare racks and nice chips in the classified last week and this week? I'm assuming in preparation for the recent "the Chip Room" sale of Diamond Jack and Roulettes there was quite a bit of really nice stuff being offered in hopes of generating some cash for the big sale, It seems. Also shortly after seemed like the same thing. Perhaps those who managed to get through the ordering process in time and spent some cash selling off some stuff from the vault to help finance the chip room chips.

So I haven't been here long so I'm not sure if I'm seeing patterns that aren't there. Those who have been around much longer, have you experienced the same thing? Seems to be almost as many good deals in the classifieds in and around the time of these big sales that if you loose big on "the chip room" sale like I did, you can find some nice stuff in the chippers vaults as they unload.

Care to comment on this? Are there good times and bad times to buy and sell? share your experience.

Ah my bad. I guess I should read the forum a bit before starting a conversation.
No no, didn’t mean as in a tsk tsk kind of way (I did in my retort to BPT as a long time chipper).

Was more so meant in a, this is a constant discussion and you’re going to see different aspects and lights to it many times over over your tenure.

That pattern does occur. But not with this particular TCR sale, which is pretty far down on the low end of chips he’s offered… Still good chips, just not anything that is going to drive sales of much choice chips.

Some of the member are selling their older TCR set to raise fund to buy newer TCR, pretty common to swap their set in rotation = Kinda like changing new wardrobe

There are also some People who are selling "Mint" set and raising fund to buy newer "Mint" set = Kinda like buying stock

new NAGB offering -> old (typically mint) NAGB chips sold -> repeat cycle with the next one

new TCR offering -> old (typically mint) TCR (or other) chips sold -> repeat cycle with the next one

new TCR/NAGB offering -> new threads about sales before/during/after -> threads complaining about sales format and/or flippers during/after -> repeat cycle with the next one

I've read your post before, it was just from someone else :LOL: :laugh:. Not faulting you at all, and in fact it's funnier when vets who have gone through this ten times post the same kind of thing, just saying all of the aforementioned happens every single time without fail.

No no, didn’t mean as in a tsk tsk kind of way (I did in my retort to BPT as a long time chipper).

Was more so meant in a, this is a constant discussion and you’re going to see different aspects and lights to it many times over over your tenure.
Yup.

Once one hangs out here for a bit patterns start to be noticed. Previous TCR sale chips hit the classifieds in droves to cover expenses for new TCR chips. And they mostly sell too because there are more and more new members here looking for their first set of Paulsons.

As far as really nice and rare sets being put up for sale, yeah, it's mostly the chickens coming home to roost from the Tiger sales. Some of it is also some hoarders cracking the vault open. Some being flipped at fair market value and some not. You'll get to notice the difference as you spend more time here.

I think this time you are seeing more of a Tiger hangover but Chip Room sales do spark activity in the classifieds sometimes.

Sale spikes I have seen (ie increases in cool stuff)
- pre-xmas, usually around mid November till around Xmas
- mid January to February, ie post xmas
- weeks prior to and 2 weeks post chip room sales as the emperors change their clothes....so to speak.

- low's are in between the above, thinking summer.

Brand new diamond Jack's and tourney chips etc gave opportunity for new chips to stock and resell later at a profit/loss, relabel, keep/replace add to the pile of what is owned already.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom