Pr0n 10 Years in the making. (1 Viewer)

Jeff

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
There's been some posting about building a set lately. Well, I've finally hit the two full drawer milestone with my Viva Las Vegas set. Started by buying 300 of these in 2007. Ideally I would go to 500 $.25 (labeled VLV $10s) and down to 1200 $5s. I guess the chase isn't quite over yet, but if I never find more of the blue $10s, I guess I'll be ok.

Breakdown:
300 $.25 (labeled VLV $10)
1000 $1
1400 $5
200 $25
80 $100
12 $500
4 $1000
4 $5000

IMG_0411.JPG
IMG_0412.JPG
IMG_0413.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG
IMG_0415.JPG
IMG_0421.JPG
IMG_0425.JPG

Current breakdown.

300 $.25
1000 $1
1400 $5
200 $25
80 $100
12 $500
4 $1000
4 $5000

Attachments

• IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 102
Lots of nice chippies! You could run just about anything.

Sweet set. Those high-denom quantities would tilt the crap outta me, though. Want 15x $1000s? Leaves ya one short of a barrel. :)

Sick set. I love how the gold color is on the edge spot of the hundo and is the main color of the 5k. Gold 5k's = yummy!

Sweet set. Those high-denom quantities would tilt the crap outta me, though. Want 15x $1000s? Leaves ya one short of a barrel. :)
I appreciate it, but I have a bunch of most of these denoms in my extra cabinet! I could have done barrels of each of those, but those $1000s and $5000 are just for show.

They getting into play on a few weeks?
Probably not...there's all kinds of cool custom sets coming...I'd much rather play with them.. cough, cough, bourbon, cough, basement.

I'm a sucker for paulson fantasy sets, love these! I think I love the fantasy sets because I could have bought them years ago at the Paulson store, but back then I had no idea. Now I see the old ads and druel. The only weird thing is it seems like everyone who did actually buy a set back in the day got a terrible breakdown. I picture a man behind the counter saying ok 500 chips huh, I recommend 50 of each denomination.

But his 12 + 4 + 4 gives him an even barrel of his 3 highest denoms combined and gives him an even 3000 chips in the set... tilt shrinking... ;)

Exactly. I actually have a full rack of 100, and at least a barrel of each $500, $1000, $5000. But any way you go it's imperfect. 3 denoms don't divide into 20 or 100 evenly. I could do 10/5/5 I guess

Maybe I should do a poll...arrange the set to minimize OCD.

I'm a sucker for paulson fantasy sets, love these! I think I love the fantasy sets because I could have bought them years ago at the Paulson store, but back then I had no idea. Now I see the old ads and druel. The only weird thing is it seems like everyone who did actually buy a set back in the day got a terrible breakdown. I picture a man behind the counter saying ok 500 chips huh, I recommend 50 of each denomination.

So much this. Color variation between batches can be an issue too, though this set doesn't appear to have a problem with it.

In any case, seeing a set like this put together is amazing. Well done (so far) Jeff! Thank you for sharing shots of them.

Tournament poker wasn't as much a thing, so people bought more smaller denoms which is why putting a cash set together is easier. People didn't buy high denoms because they'd never use them. When I started collecting them, it was easier t buy bits and pieces cheap. The inlays are out of date and ugly and no one wanted them. Relabling capabilities have increased the price of these a bit.

Whoa. Epic set, and HUGE. 3000 chips in one set, qualifies for epic status!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom