Post a pic of your Favorite $5 chip in YOUR POSSESSION (3 Viewers)

Favorite = Caesars $5 Baccarat - an oversized $5s that is still live in the High Limit area. Pretty easy to get a couple w/ a nod from the pit boss in the morning when it's slow.

Hon. Mentions = Flamingo $5 - There is a lot of love for the $1 w/ birds (spotted or not), but I don't get the feeling these are loved nearly as much. At least not as much as me or maybe @ovo. LE Paris $5s w/ pin up girls - Sometimes I feel like naked or half-naked girls on chips can be a lille.... "tacky", but on Paris chips it just seems so right.

IMG_1987.jpg

CP-5-error-small.jpg

An error chip, but in a subtle sense. It's supposed to have three sets of spots, not four. The story is these were put out during an overnight fill and only caught after they had been in play for a few hours. Dealers are supposed to break them over the lip of the drop box if they find them in play, but they show up now and then on eBay.

I feel like this is kind of the odd duck in the Le Paulson Noir set because it's the only chip with this edge spot pattern. The $5000 is in the same category since the patterns are paired between the $1 and $10, the $25 and $100, and the $500 and $1000. The part of me that got a math degree sometimes wishes there were 4 pairs of edge spot patterns in the set instead of 3 pairs and two unpaired oddballs.

5.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom