Post a pic of the best bang for your buck set you own (2 Viewers)

Aegean Phare set2_IMG_3041.jpg
Aegean Phare set_IMG_3042.jpg

By far

View attachment 1292740
Basically into the entire set for the face value of the live chips (trades and what not). So I can use and abuse these.. and then when the chips become obsolete I have the choice of keeping them or returning them and getting my money back out guaranteed.

Basically a rental set for free. Tough to beat that in my eyes.
Only thing that will eat ya up is inflation haha.

You might get $1300 at the cage, but that might buy ya a cheeseburger in 5 years

Only thing that will eat ya up is inflation haha.

You might get $1300 at the cage, but that might buy ya a cheeseburger in 5 years
True.. although poker chips are also kind of a hedge so if they could still be worth a good bit over face at the end of the day. Or they might not be. Either way, it's like $1400. I've spent more on hobbies with less resale value hehe

To fit the prompt: fully custom set of 43mm chips covering way more bank than I need for incredibly cheap. Bang for your buck, this was my first denominated chip, everything before was slugged dice chips. That step up is immense. The difference between this and custom Paulson can be argued to be bigger, absolutely, but this set has served me so well. Around 45 cents/chip.

Its also a gateway, currently building a Flamingo set with less chips, but I still love this set.
IMG-20240315-WA0002.jpg

IMG_4012.jpeg

Got a decent sized set of brand new Good Luck Club leaded rhc chips on eBay years ago for I think around .25 per chip on a buy it now. I’ve traded the higher denoms for lower and relabeled the 50 as .25 but it’s probably my best score.
I have two nice Detroit Jack cash sets and a nice IG cash set that I got at cheapest TCR pricing which were also a great value. Also I got the Ameristar quarters below very cheap years ago on Chiptalk years ago and they don’t pop very often. Last but not least 120 mint Tropicana baseball $5 for $99 on eBay when I actually won an auction maybe ten years ago that everyone missed. I have since added on but not for that price!
IMG_5333.jpeg
IMG_5332.jpeg

These are the ones I use. Less than $.40 per chip. They are holding up well.

Attachments

• 20240205_144107.jpg
    20240205_144107.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 53

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom