[Poll] Does The Beach need an update? (1 Viewer)

Let The Beach live on in Legacy? Or create a new precedence?

• Keep it as is and add on!

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • What were you thinking when you made this? Change it up

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Keep the $5 as is, add a new $25

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Venturalvn

Full House
Reaction score
The Beach set was made by ASM back in 2008, and add on's done a couple times over the years. I've always had a hard time with ASM/CPC yellows, but with some new options available nowadays I wonder if I went too dark with the set, and if I should lighten it up to play around more with the Cali colorway.

With that said, I've always found a great deal of cohesion with the set, and I just can't seem to wrap my head around changing it up. I'm thinking I should just add on to it now and some day down the road create a brand new set, leaving this as is.

Should I keep the legacy colors and just add on? Or cause a splash with updated $5's and a $25 instead of the $20s?

Original
1649721030300.png

1649721152329.png

1649721161818.png

1649721132516.png

Possible new
1649720980366.png

I would leave it as is or add on… or better yet just do a brand new CPC set… plus I don’t want to have to reframe my sample set ha
View attachment 894651
I second this. New theme and new set would be my choice. This is one of the great "new" ASM sets. By new I mean when they started offering the new spots and molds.

I second this. New theme and new set would be my choice. This is one of the great "new" ASM sets. By new I mean when they started offering the new spots and molds.
Yeah thanks Steve. When I originally created this set both the Hourglass was new (1" inlay for the first time! WHAT!) and the 3v12 was hot off the press. It really was a different time :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Definitely gonna need @detroitdad and @72o input on this one!

Thanks for asking!

I really enjoy the set as it. I like the set way more now, than the "possible new" mock up. I like the idea of adding secondary chips to the current lineup (or building a new cpc set).

If you make some changes. I would leave the frac and the $25 chip alone. I like the five as it. I can understand the desire to bring more "pop" to it, but it really is fine. IMO, the weakest chip in the lineup is the $1.00. That's because I don't love this edge spot. I do like that it is a three color chip. That helps.

Re-reading this post, I don't think I'm being very helpful lol.

Thanks for asking!

I really enjoy the set as it. I like the set way more now, than the "possible new" mock up. I like the idea of adding secondary chips to the current lineup (or building a new cpc set).

If you make some changes. I would leave the frac and the $25 chip alone. I like the five as it. I can understand the desire to bring more "pop" to it, but it really is fine. IMO, the weakest chip in the lineup is the $1.00. That's because I don't love this edge spot. I do like that it is a three color chip. That helps.

Re-reading this post, I don't think I'm being very helpful lol.
@Ben8257 you going to let him talk about 414 like this??

It sounds like I can get this in pretty quick for Hourglass mold to be in, and the main goal was to have more $5's added on, so I think I'll be sticking with the originals! Unfortunately I'd have to recreate artwork from scratch, so adding on a $25 in time to get my artwork and order in is still up in the air. I might just top off the $5's and $20's and save new chips for a future CPC set with a more exciting mold.

Love that $1 and definitely not weak in that line up. Very similar to the scandia sec $1 (one of my faves and my favoritespot pattern). What I think makes it look off is that there is no beautiful red quarter pie frac infront of it like
20220410_195935.jpg

Bu I get many do not play fracs... just sucks to loose the simplicity at the bottom of the line up to build on.

The yellow is a bit dark and pulls away from the brightness of the $1, I agree it is a progression but never been a huge fan on 414 stepping into 3d14... for flow if we were remaking the yellow I would prefer 4d14, go 614 on a awesome purple $20 ( I know... every one says purple $20, but why argue with awesome) and omit the CPC/TRK only edge spot on the black $20, keep the $100 or go 6d18

The set is awesome as is, could it use a face lift given changes in color availabilities today? Sure, or a secondary part of the set.

Also nothing wrong with leaving as is! Seriously beautiful chips

Edit** my apologies,I was looking at @chipinla sample and didn't see the frac. The one in the OP is a beaut! Yes compliments that $1 and brings out the spots well!

Last edited:
Thinking of tossing in a few $500 chips with the order. Not that they'll ever see play in our current game, but after topping off the $5's and $20's for this current set it'll likely be the last time the Beach sees an add on.

1649874324553.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom