PokerTracker 4 vs. Holdem Manager 3? (1 Viewer)

Youda04

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi I've decided it's time to finally get a poker tracking software to efficiently advance in my poker learning (I've been doing tons of research on YouTube on reviews for each and both look equally great). PokerTracker 4 and Holdem Manager 3 look like the most popular ones (both look equally great to me, and similar in price). I'm just trying to decide which one to get? I'm curious what everyone's experiences are (good and bad), if you've used one of these two softwares, or both at some point.

I was leaning slightly towards PokerTracker 4; however, I've been following Jonathan Little's YouTube videos (and have purchased a few of his books) and he seems to favor Holdem Manager 3 (he has a YouTube video called 'How to Use a HUD to CRUSH Your Opponents' and in that video he offers his HUDs that he uses for importing to Holdem Manager). So maybe that alone might swing the needle over to Holdem Manager....I'm so confused on which one to get.

I'd greatly appreciate your inputs and recommendations - thanks

I used PT4 6 years ago and switched to HM3 3 years ago. So i know both products.
I’ve had bad experience with HM3. Lots of bugs, unfinished stuffs since release, etc. Some features are very graphical but when you dig a bit, it is mostly useless. Finally, my experience with their support was terrible. Just to gave you an example, during Covid-time, i did a lot of tourneys with addons on stars. These addons weren’t tracked by the software. For more than one full year i was in contact with their support to make it work. It never did.

That beuing said, you might also wanna check other tracking softwares. Drivehud, hand2note, … I have the feeling these other products are more dynamically developed…

I used PT4 6 years ago and switched to HM3 3 years ago. So i know both products.
I’ve had bad experience with HM3. Lots of bugs, unfinished stuffs since release, etc. Some features are very graphical but when you dig a bit, it is mostly useless. Finally, my experience with their support was terrible. Just to gave you an example, during Covid-time, i did a lot of tourneys with addons on stars. These addons weren’t tracked by the software. For more than one full year i was in contact with their support to make it work. It never did.

That beuing said, you might also wanna check other tracking softwares. Drivehud, hand2note, … I have the feeling these other products are more dynamically developed…
Thanks for your input LaBestiole. I had ended up getting HEM3 before I got your feedback. I haven't had any issues yet but I'm only using it on a very basic level (i.e. to track my plays and then go back and analyze my biggest losers). Recently I've been studying GTO and have found it difficult to learn GTO from books - I found this software www.pokersnowie.com which I find very useful in helping me learn GTO play (pokersnowie downloads my hands from HEM3 and tells me how many blunders and how many mistakes I've made, how I should have played certain hands, and what bet sizing I should have used). So far so good :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom