Poker timer or something else? (1 Viewer)

renegadegatorman

High Hand
Reaction score
As I'm gearing up to host my first tournament I'm looking for a tournament software to help ensure the tournament runs smoothly. Poker timer is the first option I came across and it seems fine but I figured I'd get the two cents of people who have used it. Or if you've used other software that you liked please let me know.

What length for your blind levels are you thinking about? I feel like with longer blinds some of my more casual players will get bored.

What length for your blind levels are you thinking about? I feel like with longer blinds some of my more casual players will get bored.
20' or 25' depending on the desired game length.
Playing with 2 decks to not loose time in any case.

I went ahead and downloaded tournament director to use free for 30 days. there is definitely a learning curve so I'll have to play around with it some more to try and get the hang of it. does anyone have any pointers they wish they would've known sooner with tournament director?

I went ahead and downloaded tournament director to use free for 30 days. there is definitely a learning curve so I'll have to play around with it some more to try and get the hang of it. does anyone have any pointers they wish they would've known sooner with tournament director?
Yes on the learning curve. I found the official help webpage useful. But was a lot of tinkering before I got comfortable. It seems like anything you may want to do in TD is actually possible, but it can sometimes take a while to find out how.

Yes on the learning curve. I found the official help webpage useful. But was a lot of tinkering before I got comfortable. It seems like anything you may want to do in TD is actually possible, but it can sometimes take a while to find out how.
its a shame no one has done a video series going over all the features.

I would say only tweak one thing at a time and see how it goes. The built in templates are very useful when learning. They can get you going for starters. Use the website forum. Lots of questions and answers there for common issues.

Tournament Director has it's own forum. In that forum people have put up layouts that you can download and use. Grab one that has everything you want your layout to show, and then just change the background picture for it. I did that and am so thankful that I never had to learn how to make those layouts.

Go on to their forum area. Folks have uploaded different layouts along with a lot of FAQ. Buy the annual license, well worth it. The functionality is way beyond what you'll ever need, but so is the iPhone 15! Haha. For only $30...ish, pull the trigger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom