Lack of Interest Poker Stars Caribbean Adventure Fracs on Chipco blanks (1 Viewer)

Are you interested in buying these?

• No, thank you

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Yes, I need a rack at least!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Can I get samples?

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ORIGINAL POST

There are a few owners of Poker Stars Caribbean Adventure chips, made by Chipco for a poker cruise that apparently never sailed. Some sets where sold via this listing:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/old-school-chipco-ceramic-cash-set-s-700.110202/

The cash set goes from $1 to $100. That inspired this thread to mock up a design for a frac:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...-stars-caribbean-adventure-chipco-set.110320/

Things stalled for a while, but @KHarp1 and myself have been working behind the scenes with the first round of prototypes to show. These will be made on chipco blanks by BR Pro. There are not a lot of these blanks left, so this (depending on how big it gets) could be the last of them.

We don't know how many folks have this set and are interested in adding fracs. Please reply to the thread and/or cast a vote to show interest. (FYI...I don't actually have a set - I'm doing this for fun and to help out the PCF community).

See below the first round of prototypes (thanks to @KHarp1 footing the bill). In the left columns are the proto-type add-on fracs. On the right, are the real Chipcos we are trying to match. As you can see, we're pretty close, but still need to tweak the design with a couple more rounds of prototypes. (for example, the text is a bit too large and the stroke is too heavy).

1703727224093.png
1703727231795.png

I agree blue, and that leaves yellow open for a 20 :)
If you are serious, no reason we can't do a $20. We just have to hit the 20 chips per denom minimum. In fact, if folks want 5c, 25c, $20, or $500...those are all doable.

I think I'm leaning towards the blue quarters after getting them in hand, the other colors just didn't have the depth and saturation I was hoping for.
Saturation with BR Pro process is not as vivid as Tina, in my experience. Yellow in particular. But in the second round of samples, we can experiment with color shades to find what works best.

It's the new year and it looks like I'm going this alone, which makes it easy... let's tweak the blue chip and get these ordered.

I will have a bit of time to work on this tomorrow. I can fix the sizing and stroke issues. Are you happy with the shade of blue?

Yeah, it fits. Maybe look at the yellow writing, there appears to be some blending that is a little soft on the edge of the writing. Appears a bit more robust gold fading to yellow on the center on the "Poker Stars" and heart emblem. If that makes any sense??

@KHarp1 Here is the updated design.

The first version (the top images)
  • I increased saturation of blue a little bit.
  • I reduced the size (negative offset) of white text and reduced the stroke
  • I reduced the size (negative offset) of the Poker Stars yellow text and increased stroke
  • I increased the large 25c text a tad
  • I made the yellow a bit more orange
  • I increased the white ring thickness a tiny bit

The second version (the bottom images) is the same as the above plus:
  • Fully saturated blue/cyan
  • Added a gradient on the blue outside rings (I noticed the original colors have this)

Asset 3@3x-psca-blue.png

@KHarp1 I think these are ready for another prototype round. Just one of each and if you are happy with it you can place the real order.

If no one else is interested in joining this group buy, then maybe we close this thread and I'll just communicate with @KHarp1 via PM on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom