Frac design for Poker Stars Caribbean Adventure Chipco set (1 Viewer)

What color should the body (not the inlay) be? You can select up to 2.

• Blue

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Orange

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Flat yellow

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Gradient gold/yellow

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other - please propose in thread

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GreekRedEye

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score

Attachments

• PSCA - Frac - Ver1 - thumbnail.png
    PSCA - Frac - Ver1 - thumbnail.png
    294.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Creating this thread to discuss and potentially develop a ceramic chip design to supplement the Poker Stars Carribbean Adventure cash set being sold on this thread:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/old-school-chipco-ceramic-cash-set-s-700.110202/page-2

If @SemiNumerical or @rjdev7 can post high res scans (like on a scanner bed) or at least photos that are as flat as possible of both sides, then I can take a more serious crack at the art. And then maybe we can find a pro to polish it off.

Anyone recognize the font? I used Athletas Athelas in the mock up below - it is close but not the same.

Trying to match the colors will be the hardest part and almost certainly won't match unless we did rounds of samples. So maybe the frac should be distinctly different colors? Any good suggestions?

The originals have a photo of fish in the ocean that we'll never be able to find or replicate. Should we go with a different but related image (e.g. like the mockup below) or a solid color or pattern?

@justincarothers

The set:
1694972861758.png

And rough mock-up idea:
Caribbean frac - mockup1.png

Total left field but might be cool: nondenom frac, entire chip is ocean/waves
So instead of matching the ring around the edges, looks more like a solid starburst almost. Personally, the non matching fonts and inlays would annoy me so Id try something like this to avoid the hazard.

A nice light blue to match the inlay and theme without attempting to copy the design elements.

So instead of matching the ring around the edges, looks more like a solid starburst almost. Personally, the non matching fonts and inlays would annoy me so Id try something like this to avoid the hazard.

A nice light blue to match the inlay and theme without attempting to copy the design elements.
I like it.

Some mockups below. Tried to lean in a bit on the starburst with the setting sun on the last one. Could work that angle more with an image with a bigger starburst setting sun. (Note 3 of these have watermarks. Those images can be obtained for use without watermarks).

@SemiNumerical and @rjdev7 (and anyone else who is buying the Carribean Adverture sets) - do you have any interest in pursuing a custom frac? This is fun for me, but no need to continue to develop designs if there is no interest.

Asset 1@4x.png

Asset 2@4x.png

Asset 3@4x.png

Asset 4@4x.png

I would pick a different color to contrast better with the ocean. Orange would look good and isn't a standard Vegas denom color.

@justincarothers Correct me if I am wrong. Minimum order is 500 for a custom set, spread across multiple chip designs in one set. So, we could do runs of the orange or blue or with or without text if folks prefer different styles as long as the whole order is at least 500 chips. Right?

I'm interested in a set of these, and, would love a matching frac, or, non-denominational chip, but, would prefer one that matched the actual chips. It's hard for me to tell what the body of that chip looks like from this pic, but, looks like graphical shades of blue depicting the ocean. Would like to see a good shot of the face as well.

I'm interested in a set of these
@SemiNumerical is selling the ChipCo sets here. Take a look and maybe give him a free bump.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/old-school-chipco-ceramic-cash-set-s-700.110202/page-2

and, would love a matching frac, or, non-denominational chip
Some people voiced desire for a frac to go with the set when they buy one. @justincarothers reminded us all that he can get Tina custom ceramics done through the order that goes in end of this month. Sounds like a fun project, so I am offering to design something on a volunteer basis (but I am not a pro).

but, would prefer one that matched the actual chips. It's hard for me to tell what the body of that chip looks like from this pic, but, looks like graphical shades of blue depicting the ocean.
I am crowdsourcing design suggestions in this thread. If the order is big enough, we can order a few different chip designs on the same order. If you want one that matches as closely as possible to the real set, I can try my best. But unless someone has the exact ocean+fish graphic used on the real chips, the center image will have to be different. If we accept the frac/non-denom has a different graphic, then I think we can do a reasonable job of matching the text and other graphical elements - but no way is it going to be perfect match, especially colors. So, we have to decide between a) kind of matches and b) different but in the same theme. Or we can do both and you order the one you want.

Artwork is different on the other side, isn’t it?
Yes. If you go to the thread, you can see more photos, but the backsides look like this. @SemiNumerical is going to get better shots of both sides. I am waiting for better images before I take a crack at the backsides.
1695086280346.png

@GreekRedEye I am aware, I'm following, considering a purchase. For me, I would want to get as close to original chip graphics if I was going to have a frac added. I would want to go through BR and use Chipco blanks. I may just have to buy a set and take it to a graphic design friend, hopefully he could scan the chip and come up with something.

@justincarothers Correct me if I am wrong. Minimum order is 500 for a custom set, spread across multiple chip designs in one set. So, we could do runs of the orange or blue or with or without text if folks prefer different styles as long as the whole order is at least 500 chips. Right?
As long as we get to 500 total can be different designs. Multiples of 25

Appears to be the tourney chips from the same aborted poker cruise. @SemiNumerical posted some photos of touney chips as well in the sales thread. But this project is for a frac / nondenom for the CASH set.
To clarify, I mean that if the reverse of the cash chip is like the tourney reverse (not a fan at all), it would be much better to just go with the same design you already have on both sides.

If I grab a set of these then I would be in for 200, maybe a shade more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom