Poker Night With Pat! (old folks home) (1 Viewer)

Lol, sorry man I hadnt played that variant before, just making sure I understood.

This is one of the most amazing things I’ve read on this site. Chicago with either a high spade or low spade in the hole is a classic stud variant. I always thought it was the first thing everyone learned after the hand rankings, like it was a requirement.
Honestly I think for decades it was THE ONLY circus game anyone knew of.

This is one of the most amazing things I’ve read on this site. Chicago with either a high spade or low spade in the hole is a classic stud variant. I always thought it was the first thing everyone learned after the hand rankings, like it was a requirement.
Honestly I think for decades it was THE ONLY circus game anyone knew of.
Sorry? Dont know what to tell you, we don't play classic stud variants.

It’s a tough crowd! Some people take their bingo seriously, playing multiple cards.

I don’t know how many people reside there, but I’d think that you’d have 1-2 full tables if people wanting to play poker.

Got a new player in the game. His name is Ed and he sits next to the other guy, named Ed. Dude got a bunch of boats and the high hand with a straight flush
85C16812-2BF7-4E65-8F7B-93082B069723.jpeg
Sue is a crusher and ended up with 3X buy in last week. ($30) She used to play in a weekly home game for years and still goes to MGM Detroit to play 1/2NLHE. She says stuff like “You gonna at least give me cab fair” or “I need a cigarette after what you just did to me Patrick.” Nobody gets the joke but me. She is my favorite player by far.
EAC6C534-CBA7-4B5A-AD7D-F59D8DCD2D52.jpeg

This is a fantastic idea. Good on you. I would love to do something like this, but transporting my poker table would be the issue. Maybe I could use my table toppers ... hmmmm.

This is a fantastic idea. Good on you. I would love to do something like this, but transporting my poker table would be the issue. Maybe I could use my table toppers ... hmmmm.
I got a cheap fold up one. Fits in the trunk of our Civic.

I've got a monthly cash game I play with guys in the neighborhood. I deal all night and constantly am pulling bets out of the pot and putting them back in front of folks. lol
Haha oh man that is rough. If it was buddies I’d lay down the law.
If it gets too bad at this game i just let the pot be short.
“Carol did you throw in a quarter or a nickel. You know what who cares. 7th street coming…”

Is your seven card stud play no limit or limit?
Limit. I’ve never heard a stud game being no limit. I think that would be pretty wild. We don’t even play PLO. Just limit Omaha with a ton of complaining.

Most old folks won’t play NL7S. They can’t handle the swings. Doyle Brunson called it the Tesla of poker.

We start with .5-.25 ante with a big bet of a 25 until 5th street. Then the big bet is .50

Second time we got the HCL plastics out. These guys absolutely love them and they said they hate my CM Aria’s. We do dealers choice and have started playing more Omaha, Hold ‘em, Pineapple HE and 5 card double draw. Chicago is the main game and is a real hoot but, it’s nice to get some variety.
IMG_0113.jpeg
Tons of cash on the table at the last hand of the night!
IMG_0116.jpeg
Sue wins again! When she is catching cards she absolutely dominates. Bought in for $10 and left with $35. Ed to her left is another crusher. Sue still goes down to MGM and plays 1/2 with her son.
IMG_0115.jpeg

This is a great thread -- but it bothers me that it looks just like my most recent home game.

Except for the oxygen tank. None of those yet...
Hahaha what about a nitrous tank at your home game? I know a few party boys that would show up with balloons.

It’s sad for me that my home game usually doesn’t get enough players to make a 5 handed game. I go to the retirement home and we got people waiting for me to show up, couple railbirds and re-buys. We are a hot dog roller away from this becoming a serious game

IMG_0165.jpeg
I ran great and walked out with almost $30, 3 buy ins. I hate to take their money but, whatever.
IMG_0113.jpeg
Ed #1 and Sue chop one up, each holding a Royal. 5 card double draw, deuces wild was the game.
IMG_0162.jpeg
IMG_0164.jpeg
IMG_0195.jpeg
Four 6’s for Ed with the Aria’s.
IMG_0196.jpeg
IMG_0223.jpeg
Ed hits a straight flush in good ol Limit Texas Hold ‘em. Giant pot.
IMG_0224.jpeg
IMG_0227.jpeg
Ed is one of our best players and he has played poker since the 50’s. Great tipper. Good friend. Even laughs at some of my jokes. He still triggers me with his stack but I let him slide.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom