Poker chips on amazon? (1 Viewer)

Do you guys think they are worth the money?
I believe that the vast majority of people here will answer no. But I should qualify that a bit.

PCF is a hobbyist community, and most of us believe that poker chips are functional art. Many of us have chip collections worth tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars.

So what we think is worth the money is going to be very different from what the average poker player might think.

mostly I want to play black jack with with kids. So I want them to be durable.
I've owned similar chips before, and these are probably a fine, inexpensive option for a game with kids.

They're probably plastic over metal with stickers for labels. They should hold up reasonably well under normal use, and they're inexpensive enough that even if a few get damaged, lost, or destroyed, it won't be a big deal.

Welcome!

I think Schmendr1ck gave a solid answer that many of us would echo.

Thanks for the post, hope you stick around, but I will say you are flirting with danger. Soon the kids will get older, and you'll expose a buddy or two to chip games and then you'll wanna up your chip game, and that could lead you into a flaming chainsaw to the wallet.

There are better chips out there and some of the UK members could likely offer a preferred site for better value or quality.

@Eriks you have any suggestions on other websites? Or something to offer more options?

Welcome!

I think Schmendr1ck gave a solid answer that many of us would echo.

Thanks for the post, hope you stick around, but I will say you are flirting with danger. Soon the kids will get older, and you'll expose a buddy or two to chip games and then you'll wanna up your chip game, and that could lead you into a flaming chainsaw to the wallet.

There are better chips out there and some of the UK members could likely offer a preferred site for better value or quality.

@Eriks you have any suggestions on other websites? Or something to offer more options?
Retail poker chips is pretty non existent in Europe. I guess one can find decent inexpensive ones here https://pokershop.de/Home_1

This forum caters to poker chip enthusiasts, who are looking to collect the very best poker chips you can get.

If you're not specifically interested in getting very nice poker chips, then almost any chips will work just fine to play games with. The ones you linked to are fine, but then so are plenty of others in that same general range of quality and price. Look for something with a design that you find attractive and at a price point that you consider affordable. You'll be happiest with chips that are denominated - you'll probably have a hard time finding any that use a £ pound symbol, but you can get some that use $ dollars and treat them as pounds, or you can get some that have numeric denominations but no currency symbols.

Search on Amazon, eBay, and Google for "poker chips" and you'll find a wide array of designs, available from a variety of online retailers. Finding a source that will ship to the UK may be more difficult, but they're out there.

You'll want to give a little thought to what breakdown you need, i.e. how many chips of each type of denomination to get. What works for poker doesn't necessarily work well for blackjack, and vice versa. However, since you'll be buying relatively inexpensive chips, it won't hurt too badly to get more than you need for either game. Use this google search to find posts on PCF that talk about ideal breakdowns for blackjack: https://www.google.com/search?q=site:pokerchipforum.com+blackjack and check out this post for some guidance on breakdowns for poker: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/new-members-start-here.85303/

If, on the other hand, you think you want to pick up a new hobby of collecting top-quality poker chips then read that new-members post I linked to just above and be prepared to spend more time and money than you had ever imagined you would on poker chips. I don't recommend it, but if you do it anyway, well, then, welcome to the forum!

Just remember, when looking on Amazon, clay chips weigh over 12g, have no labels or inlays, and come in an aluminum case of 500 chips! /s

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom