Poker Chip Storage Cabinet (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.houzz.com/pvp/poppy-dis...Dn5DnknFgmrnFqbHetLrKAwUfCe34HbBoCuWYQAvD_BwE

Upon reading the reviews it seems like they are mixed, but for the price, it doesn't seem like you can beat it. Glass display on three sides, a door protecting the chips, and looks classy. 47 inches high, 23 and change wide, and a foot and a half deep. Can easily fit multiple sets of chips in here, two racks wide on each shelf and many more deep. Storage is getting tight in my current cabinet and this looks like a nice solution to accommodate my excess.

Difficulty of assembly looks like it can be hit or miss, but let's hope everything lines up with the pieces in the kit that I get and I don't break the thing in frustration trying to put it together.

Will update when it is put together!

Don't forget the flat surface up top for cutting stacks.

My only concern would be whether the shelves can handle the weight of all those chips.

Don't forget the flat surface up top for cutting stacks.

My only concern would be whether the shelves can handle the weight of all those chips.
It seems like it would be sturdy enough weighing in at 65 pounds, but I am also curious to see how the shelves lock in. If it's adjustable brackets I'd be skeptical about putting multiple sets on the middle and upper shelves. FWIW, the shelves on the old buffet with glass doors that I have storing my current chips can support 1000 chips without any issue. We shall see.

As for the top surface, it will probably be used to display more of my sample sets. My sample shelf probably can't accommodate another single chip :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

20200125_184243.jpg

@JMC9389 Did you end up getting this? How did it turn out?

I'm curious being new here, do most of you want your chips to be seen when they are being stored? I'm in the process of designing a storage cabinet that my son is going to build for me. I'm looking to get ideas about what will work best since I'm new to chipping. We're designing something with drawers, but also thinking of putting glass in the front of one or more of the drawers, with some interior LED lighting. My son is getting a custom furniture crafting business off the ground, so what he builds for me could become a prototype for others here who might be interested. We'll be creating a thread for the build soon.

@JMC9389 Did you end up getting this? How did it turn out?

I'm curious being new here, do most of you want your chips to be seen when they are being stored? I'm in the process of designing a storage cabinet that my son is going to build for me. I'm looking to get ideas about what will work best since I'm new to chipping. We're designing something with drawers, but also thinking of putting glass in the front of one or more of the drawers, with some interior LED lighting. My son is getting a custom furniture crafting business off the ground, so what he builds for me could become a prototype for others here who might be interested. We'll be creating a thread for the build soon.
Just came in today. I have no idea when I'll be able to get it together, but will update when I do.

I was able to put this together last night. Like anything Chinese made, the quality of the build is acceptable at best, and the assembly instructions were horrific. It wasn't too difficult to put together overall; needed just under two hours myself with my wife helping for 15 minutes to mount the door. I realized however that upon completing it, that I installed the permanently fixed middle shelf upside down, and that I switched the places of a front and back bracket on top of the piece.

Two problems with the finished product. The magnet to maintain the door is installed too deep, so the door is a bit wobbly and doesn't lay flush. Second is that the piece itself is on legs, so it is a bit wobbly when a force is placed on it. Left alone, it's steady enough for my use. The adjustable shelf is supported by a metal dowel, and I think it would support 20 to 30 pounds of chips and racks just fine if I needed it to.

The unit itself is quite roomy and can accommodate more chips than I thought. Each shelf can fit four racks deep and six high comfortably. Could probably fit a 7th but it may be tight. Each shelf can fit two racks wide as well. Doing some quick math, the piece can fit 146 standard 39mm racks of chips comfortably.

Some photos:

20200513_235510.jpg

The door doesn't rest flush.

20200513_235521.jpg
20200514_001742.jpg
20200514_001751.jpg

What to do with the space on top..

20200514_001333.jpg
20200514_001546.jpg
20200514_001947.jpg

Great place to display my Boat chip samples and store my dealer buttons!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom