• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine PNY's (1 Viewer)

Free shipping, though, lol.

this dude is crazy lol 500 chips only 100 hundos secondary at best it worth 750$

market value is whatever someone is willing to pay, they could go for $1500 to the right buyer, you never know.

IIRC in the last two months this set could have been put together for around $500

the hundos were on eBay for around $150 per rack and the rest were on here in the classifieds

yes after all if someone willing to pay he will be crazy not to sell this price but it's bad for us if now even the 5 and 25 take 250$ a rack

While I understand there are plenty of folks who will overpay when they really want a chip set or part of a chip set, the chances of this actually selling at this price are next to none. The *only* person that buys this set at that price is someone with (A) little to no knowledge of what the chips are and/or (B) someone with a lot more money than brains.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this set sell for $1200. As someone who owns ~2000 of these chips and is (more or less) done building/tweaking my set, that would mean my set just doubled to tripled in value ;)

Like Irish has mentioned before, PNY demand comes and goes in waves and it can be frustrating to find or sell what you want at any particular time. I think this guy has seen some of the recent activity and thinks he can move this set at that price. No way. Personally, I've been lucky to have been able to move some of the more in-demand denoms lately ($1, $20, $100, and $500) at the higher end of the price range.

While I understand there are plenty of folks who will overpay when they really want a chip set or part of a chip set, the chances of this actually selling at this price are next to none. The *only* person that buys this set at that price is someone with (A) little to no knowledge of what the chips are and/or (B) someone with a lot more money than brains.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this set sell for $1200. As someone who owns ~2000 of these chips and is (more or less) done building/tweaking my set, that would mean my set just doubled to tripled in value ;)

I was thinking the same thing about mine. At this price, I would shave off some of my chips and end up with a pretty cheap set for myself.

I was the one who picked this set up.. but for less than any of the eBay asking prices :)
(A) I have a good knowledge of what the chips are and their "worth" (to me and otherwise)
(B) Have more brains then money.. which would still hold true if I hit the lottery ;)

I may have still "overpaid" a little, but it's all relative.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom