• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine PNY set for $15,000?! (1 Viewer)

Not knowing specifics, I usually appraise those Buy It Now sets on eBay about 1/3-1/2 of the price listed.

$1ks are worth a lot. $500s some, and I feel like the 25s and 100s are common.

$12 chip across the set is insane. Esp with only 40 x 1ks.

Random guess - maybe $6K?

FWIW these have been sitting out there for quite a while. That usually either means the seller is stubborn and delusional OR they are worn down and ready to make deal. Shoot your shot.

FWIW these have been sitting out there for quite a while. That usually either means the seller is stubborn and delusional OR they are worn down and ready to make deal. Shoot your shot.

Honestly, not a fan of the oversized inlays at all. Plus, they’re RHC. I’ve always been curious about why these chips are so popular. The popularity of these and the Vineyards baffles me. But, different strokes for different folks.

I asked mostly just to understand how far off eBay valuations were sometimes.

Honestly, not a fan of the oversized inlays at all. Plus, they’re RHC. I’ve always been curious about why these chips are so popular. The popularity of these and the Vineyards baffles me. But, different strokes for different folks.

I asked mostly just to understand how far off eBay valuations were sometimes.

As a former New Yorker there is something very 80s/90s nostalgic about those to even me, but this summarizes my thoughts on oversized inlays...

9A271260-1C7A-4A3C-9A2E-7F4C549FC042.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/121956715987

What’s the actual value of this set? (from a PCF standpoint).
$5 - 2.25 a chip x 390 = 877.50
$25 - 1.75 a chip x 300 = 525
$100 - 4 a chip x 388 = 1552
$500 - 12 a chip x 119 = 1428
$1000 - 30 a chip x 40 = 1200
Total = 5582.50

Some of the values are seller friendly. You can get $5 for 200 a rack pretty often on here if you're patient. $1000 singles sell for $40 a chip but TCE was selling his set at $600 a barrel. There also isn't much history on $500 chips in terms of sale prices but I'd bet 1-1.2k is the going rate on a rack if one did pop up. Either way the number is decent approximation of what this set is worth.

Also, PNY's are dope man. I know everyone loves their leaded shaped inlay THCs and colorful THC boat/NAGB chips, but I still think sets like this are underappreciated. They would definitely has been nicer as THC's with 7/8in inlays but these chips look great in stacks and are super fun to felt. No dirty stack issues, cool vintage NY feel. They also have a cool story behind them.

PNY Fracs.JPG

These chips are still available from time to time. You can def piece it together for much less. One of the vendors on here had a rack of 1k chips for sale at $40 per.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom