Tourney Player left mid tourney, what to do? (1 Viewer)

I have to say, when we had a dead seat finish in the money, nobody was upset. That's poker. Sometimes you get shovey and whiff. Sometimes you get shovey and win. I can't imagine anyone getting upset about it. If they did, their likelihood of being invited back would diminish.

That’s what I just assumed most people would think. It’s even kind of humorous in a way.

Middle stacks are at a chip EV disadvantage during bubble situations if they play ICM optimal poker. Having the short stack fold every situation probably extends this bubble period longer than if a real player were to play theoretically optimal poker and overall hurts those middle stacks

However, I don’t this is worth really planning around and it’s just so much easier and straightforward to blind them out

Cool. As long as we know you're the standard by which to measure others.

I think the wise and wonderful Poker Zombie stated the standard far better than me. Get upset about it, risk not getting invited back (for being a whiny crybaby). I added the whiny crybaby part.

I just had this happen on Friday. We dealt and folded him and posted his blinds. The worst part is I busted before him.

I just had this happen on Friday. We dealt and folded him and posted his blinds. The worst part is I busted before him.

... but did your players collude to ensure the dead stack didn’t cash? I’m guessing not.

I would blind him out but let him designate people that can take over his chip position if they get knocked out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom