Cash Game Pick my $5 (1 Viewer)

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Our end of the year event is less than 2 weeks away. $30 entry gets a prime-rib dinner, entry into the tournament, and $3 to use at the consolation table it you are eliminated from the Main Event "out of the money". The Consolation table is a 5¢-10¢ game (to start), and allows for add-ons up to $50 more.

The Main event use the Zombie "Foodies" CPC set. But I am stuck on the cash game. I have decided to use the Empress Star cash set. However, the ES $5 is the bane of my optical existence, leading me to team Brown $5 for a set I can actually enjoy using.

My plan :rolleyes: is to bink the tourney, thus never getting to the cash game, so this might be a good time to bring out the redbirds. But if I fail (I finished 18th of 18 in 2019, 17th of 19 in 2018, 14th of 16 in 2016) I might be doubly tilted, having to look at those blue-spotted red chips. Not a good night if that happens. So the question I present to the community... Red or Brown?
2021-11-01 14.02.19.jpg

2021-11-01 14.02.09.jpg

It appears to me (at least) you can’t go wrong either way. I know that answer doesn’t help you. But, do what you like best!

Our end of the year event is less than 2 weeks away. $30 entry gets a prime-rib dinner, entry into the tournament, and $3 to use at the consolation table it you are eliminated from the Main Event "out of the money". The Consolation table is a 5¢-10¢ game (to start), and allows for add-ons up to $50 more.

The Main event use the Zombie "Foodies" CPC set. But I am stuck on the cash game. I have decided to use the Empress Star cash set. However, the ES $5 is the bane of my optical existence, leading me to team Brown $5 for a set I can actually enjoy using.

My plan :rolleyes: is to bink the tourney, thus never getting to the cash game, so this might be a good time to bring out the redbirds. But if I fail (I finished 18th of 18 in 2019, 17th of 19 in 2018, 14th of 16 in 2016) I might be doubly tilted, having to look at those blue-spotted red chips. Not a good night if that happens. So the question I present to the community... Red or Brown?
View attachment 803960
View attachment 803961
I actually really like the brown here

I don't like red chips (other than Mirage/old Treasure Island) so its an easy vote for brown from me .... plus using brown for a $5 is a little unusual so why not give it a go

Drat... this was supposed to be a poll question. Somehow the poll didn't take.

Red $5
Brown $5
It's 5¢-10¢ You aren't going to use $5s.

I like the Red, especially since it's always nice to go with the original when possible.

That being said, I don't see the need for a poll. You clearly hate the red here and basically said you would not even enjoy playing with the original ES $5, so go with the brown. Life is too short to use a chip in your own game that you hate.

I like the Red, especially since it's always nice to go with the original when possible.

That being said, I don't see the need for a poll. You clearly hate the red here and basically said you would not even enjoy playing with the original ES $5, so go with the brown. Life is too short to use a chip in your own game that you hate.
But my plan is to miss the cash game :cool

Drat... this was supposed to be a poll question. Somehow the poll didn't take.

Red $5
Brown $5
It's 5¢-10¢ You aren't going to use $5s.
I play almost exclusively nickel / dime cash games with buyins of $20 - $40. $20 gets you $1 and under chips, but $30 or $40 gets you some $5s, and if playing No Limit games, the $5s will definitely make it into some of the pots.

And I vote for the brown chip. Cool chip!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom