• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Piatnik bridge setups on Amazon cheap (for now!) (1 Viewer)

Meathooke

Straight
Reaction score
Currently at $15.03/setup - Red and blue decks, 4pip, bridge size:
https://www.amazon.com/Piatnik-Plas...1590155&sr=8-1&keywords=piatnik+plastic+cards
piatnik.jpg

If you're looking for Piatnik's here in the States… Now is your chance!

Too bad those are the international index. I had tons of those. If anyone is interested I have some extra blue back bridge jumbos left.

Too bad those are the international index. I had tons of those. If anyone is interested I have some extra blue back bridge jumbos left.
Yeah, I really think they look super classy, but after playing with them a few times I think I actually find the 4 pips distracting. :/
I thought I loved them, I tried to love them… but I just don't know that I do anymore.

Anything 2-pip bridge I'd be interested in. Prefer standard index but wouldn't mind jumbo index.

Ordered, jus to try Piatniks for the first time. May be interested in participating in custom order if I fall in love with them, @David O

Unfortunately, yes. The prices on Amazon fluctuate quite often. Best thing to do (or at least what I did with these) is add them to a "list" and just check in on them every once in a while. When I first added them to my list, 4 months ago, they were at $38.98!
I figured with so many people here interested in them, when I saw they were less than half price I thought I'd share the news… but alas, it seems that they've gone back up again. :(
My advice to all that didn't get them whilst cheap would be: either just wait them out, or better yet, take @David O up on what he's offered!!
If there's enough interest, it seems like option 2 is far the better choice, and likely quicker too! :)

As much as I love Piatnik's stock, I have no interest here. Four corner pips are not a joy to look at.

I agree. Love the feel of the cards. Thought I loved 4 pips… At least I do when only looking at 1 card… but when looking at multiple cards, it is very distracting/confusing.

That's the price I see now. Yesterday they were cheaper.
As much as I love Piatnik's stock, I have no interest here. Four corner pips are not a joy to look at.

Thanks for hooking me up with those various cards. My 2c on these is that the Queen and 4 look weird. After reviewing them all my fave are Design, Kem Arrow, and Fournier in that order. I do like all of those and will probably use all in my rotation.

Piatnik are meh IMHO.

IMHO Piatniks offer the best feel and texture and they are the only non slippery fully plastic cards.
These ones are my preference pip-wise (I must be the only person in this forum:)) but not in terms of size.

Btw, availability and pricing are inconsistent even in Europe. Only to be found randomly, at an astonishing range of prices.

They're a tad stiffer than ideal, in my mind, but their texture is perfect (again, in my mind.)

To me feel of KEM are perfect and Designs look best. Design are a bit sticky but they look so good they still rank #1 IMO. Both are fantastic so really just splitting hairs

Must be surge pricing or something . A few years ago when I was researching a radar detector at 1:30am Amazon suddenly dropped the price from $495 to $197.62! I bought it and it was back to normal 20 mins later. It came with a note saying the price was incorrect but they were honoring it!

Just received my Piatnik cards. The corner of the extremely flimsy case was cracked so I just set up an exchange.

Being that the case was not sealed...only the cards, I opened them up to give them a feel. I’m very glad I did not spend more than $15. Not that they are bad cards but when I brought out my other decks to compare them with, they are almost exactly if not completely the same feeling in texture and stiffness as my DaVinci and Guild decks. I’d feel confident in saying they are the identical card stock.

Also, Being that Modiano owns DaVinci and that my Guild cards feel exactly the same as my DaVincis ..... and came in a Modiano box, I’m suspicious that Modiano could be the supplier for the card stock.

If you want the identical feel for less money, a real card case, and two cuts cards, just buy these

https://www.amazon.com/Vinci-Italian-Plastic-Playing-Regular/dp/B002X32MIA

Just received my Piatnik cards. The corner of the extremely flimsy case was cracked so I just set up an exchange.

Being that the case was not sealed...only the cards, I opened them up to give them a feel. I’m very glad I did not spend more than $15. Not that they are bad cards but when I brought out my other decks to compare them with, they are almost exactly if not completely the same feeling in texture and stiffness as my DaVinci and Guild decks. I’d feel confident in saying they are the identical card stock.

Also, Being that Modiano owns DaVinci and that my Guild cards feel exactly the same as my DaVincis ..... and came in a Modiano box, I’m suspicious that Modiano could be the supplier for the card stock.

If you want the identical feel for less money, a real card case, and two cuts cards, just buy these

https://www.amazon.com/Vinci-Italian-Plastic-Playing-Regular/dp/B002X32MIA
I disagree that they’re identicle stock.
I agree that they feel very similar and I agree that the Davinci’s are a great buy for the money.
The texture on the davincis feels slightly coarser, slightly more noticible. Not for better or worse, just slightly different. And this picture illustrates that the davinci deck is about a card and a half thicker than the Piatniks.
6FE22F5B-AFBE-4B1F-8BB2-F3E4EDF97973.png

Ok...I’m about to get uncomfortably nerdy:watching:

They may be ever so slightly different but I would wager a large amount 10 out of 10 people couldn’t reliably tell any difference between Piatnik, Guild, or the DaVincis in a blind test. They are that close. Like 99.5% identical with the .5 variable easily attributed to wear and or different manufacturering time. If they aren’t from the same source they seemed to be spec’d the same.
IMO Piatniks are nice cards that are worth no more than $15...unless they seriously upped the art work....which is mediocre and pretty standard vanilla fare. There is just nothing that separates them from other cheaper offerings.

Here are my samples of Guild, Piatnik, and DaVinci in that order from left to right. There is virtually no difference between the Guild and Piatnik but, as with your sample, the DaVincis seem to be a card higher. That said the deck is fluffier than the others and can be compressed to the same thickness.

I even just measure with digital calibers and they measure .3mm, .305mm, and .305mm in the order above. Each deck measures 16.74mm, 16.83mm, and 16.9mm. Those measurements fluctuate by .1mm depending on how hard you hold them.

Closing my eyes and mixing all three together the DaVinci possibly feels ever so slightly more flexible but the Piatnik and Guilds are identical. Again, nice cards but nothing that makes them unique.

BTW, when I shuffle a new deck from a new manuafacturer I always break out a deck of Kems. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING feels as nice and as unique as Kems. They are still the gold standard in feel IMHO.

DCA0EA12-7E62-4D97-9E6B-5100F7E4366C.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom