Wanted PCR *Lighter* Green 25s (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taghkanic

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
74   0   0

I am looking to find barrels or a rack of the lighter green shade of Paulson Private Card Room 25s... Not the darker green ones with more complex edgspots, which seem to be more widely available.

These are (from what I can tell) identical to Avalons apart from the hotstamp... I gather from @ChaosRock that at one point PCRs were sold by Apache as cash sets with the Avalon suits color scheme but PCR stamps.

However, if these turn out to be something that was produced in limited quantity and hard to find, I may instead look for either Avalons, or just go with the usual darker green PCRs (a couple racks of which I see for sale right now here).

Thanks!

Well aware... Will use them as is for a while to see how much I really like them, then decide about milling/labeling. I’ve seen some pics here of suits molds with new shaped labels that came out beautifully.

No, I’ve never tried. I do have a drillpress, but I don’t think I’d want to climb the learning curve on manual (rather than robotic) milling with any chips worth any real money. I would use the well-recommenced Gear on anything I thought precious.

The Apache PCRs used the same colors/edgespots as Avalons. However, it seems there are a lot more of the darker green PCR 25s floating around, which I believe were associated with their tournament sets. From what I can tell, there are at least two types of 25s and two types of 100s.

Attachments

• PCR - Dark Green, Yellow Gray etc.jpg
    PCR - Dark Green, Yellow Gray etc.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 104
  • PCRs - 1100.jpg
    PCRs - 1100.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 101
There are two full sets of PCR, called v1 and v2. The v1 set had identical colors and edge spots as the WTHC. The v2 set has identical colors/spots as the Avalon. At some point, Paulson decided to keep the WTHC colors exclusive to that line of chips.

Additionally, there are a few more "custom" variants, also with the Avalon colors, which were sold by Apache such as the chips in ChaosRock's set.

The light green 25s seem very hard to come by, and I can only recall seeing them up for sale once in the last 4 years or so on PCF. (I snap bought 160 of them a few years ago here to go with my PCR set, but I'm not looking to get rid of my light greens. (But I wouldn't necessarily rule out trading 2 barrels of the light green 25s, *if* I could acquire 1 more barrel of 100s shown below, since that would allow a 120-120 breakdown of 25s-100s for a tournament starting stack of 12-12-x-x.).

Here are some updated Gallery photos of my PCR set.

Bump -- still looking for these, and also some of the White 100s (or other suits mold Whites with the standard edge spots, e.g. Avalons).

I made a ridiculously unfavorable deal to get just one barrel of the 25s, and I’d do it again..

Also would be interested in Silver NCVs on the suits mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom