PCNY Cleaning (1 Viewer)

i may be wrong on this, but i remember a thread years ago where someone cleaned PNY $1s with TSP and had some fading issues with the edgesposts. anyone else remember this?

-gc :)

Maybe you guys got it wrong ten years ago. After all, PCA's are PCA's, not PA's. Further, PNY sells RAM upgrades for your computer - a different kind of chip entirely. Too confusing.
But as far as cleaning the chips go, ive used fakey TSP on a variety of paulsons with no problems.

I can't find the thread that had the dish soap cleaner that was recommended for some paulson chips. If anyone knows the thread can you link it please. Green dish soap bottle is all that I remember.

B

Can someone link to "fake tsp?" I used a small amount of the real stuff to clean my WTHC's and it worked great, rinsed them off afterwards and put a little oil on, no problem.

nobody using pipe shield any more?

chips.jpg

If you know a homebrewer or have a homebrew shop close to you PBW works great and with a light brush and it will be super clean.

i may be wrong on this, but i remember a thread years ago where someone cleaned PNY $1s with TSP and had some fading issues with the edgesposts. anyone else remember this?

That may have been me. I bathed them in Oxy. The olive spots on the $1s changed to a deep purple. Someone later suggested that I oil them and they would change back. I liked the purple better, so I didn't bother to try that.

I did discover that the $5s faded severely from a short oxy bath. Fortunately, I did a test first with a few of my shuffling chips. Didn't try oiling them so I don't know if that would have brought them back. To this day I'm still paranoid when thinking about what's going to happen when I have to clean my PNY $5s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom