PCF's favorite 4TSA18 (Bear / Sloth Claw) chip, Nomination Thread. - Unrestricted class (2 Viewers)

@davislane - just a suggestion. Just run one poll by pattern/combination of patterns as opposed to QF/SF/Final format. If 20 chips get nominated, I’d ask people to vote for their top 3, 30 top 5 etc etc. That way we end up avoiding outliers results like Bella Union and Magaritaville in a SF for best $1 and PCA secondary $100 for favorite black chip (edit: or at least I think this would help minimizing bias)
This runs into the problem of the limit of pics you are allowed to post at one time. I think it is 20. The other problem is tldr and short attention spans. I will guess that a poll with 25 choices will get less engagement than three polls with 8 choices. I could also be very wrong about that.

If you don’t like a chip, that does not make it an “outlier”. Bella and Marysville earned more votes than some very good chips in order to move forward.

Ah, one more thing. Don’t let people change their votes, and don’t let people see results without voting first. There would be a lot of bias of you did. Some people like underdogs, and others get validation from agreeing with others.

I think almost all of the bias in these polls comes from two things. If people own or have owned the chips is a big one, and picture quality is the other.

If you don’t like a chip, that does not make it an “outlier”. Bella and Marysville earned more votes than some very good chips in order to move forward.

I was just teasing lol. my comment was more related to « selection bias » which you can’t avoid when you run the group/QF/SF format (imagine the extreme case where all PCF favorites are all in the same group to start - it kills the competition a little)

I was just teasing lol. my comment was more related to « selection bias » which you can’t avoid when you run the group/QF/SF format (imagine the extreme case where all PCF favorites are all in the same group to start - it kills the competition a little)
I think of it as a 13 seed making the NCAA Final Four. Or in British speak, an EFL League Two team making the quarterfinal of the FA cup. It’s fun!

This pic does not capture the true beauty of this chip……it is truly awesome in person.
0FBC1C58-36F3-4646-9393-BB6D5382D916.jpeg

I've never cared for the bearclaws. They seem too busy to me and look like someone went full Jackson Pollock on a barrel of chips when seeing them in stacks. That said, I do feel obligated to contribute the lone bearclaw I have in my collection simply for it's history.

View attachment 1081835
Winner winner chicken dinner

Agreed. Except that the words "The Greatest Show on Felt" still make me gag. :whistle: :whistling:
Lol, I love that tagline. But, I love cheesy dad jokes too, so… just wait ‘til you see the tagline on my upcoming CPC set! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Nothing beats the Chicken Coop “Don’t get plucked” though, imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom