Votes: 20 60.6%
  • $500

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • $1000

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • $50

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Thanks again everyone for helping to make this GB happen and special shout-outs to @Johnny5 for the amazing designs and @FordPickup92 for helping with reshipping.

F7680A92-F5D8-40D4-8B74-7CCDA65BA218.jpeg

D4CD0861-B3EF-4507-A7FE-80F133FACE93.jpeg

AF6DC1AA-E19A-44F0-89F6-AF4D9678B901.jpeg

It looks like the printing on these is clearer than on the MSK plaques. Is that accurate?

If anyone has a couple of these I could borrow for a few days to handle and get a feel for them please let me know. I am in the northern VA area for a few months, if that helps.

If anyone has a couple of these I could borrow for a few days to handle and get a feel for them please let me know. I am in the northern VA area for a few months, if that helps.
I still have some spares

Reactions: BNM
I was REALLY surprised at how awesome these are, especially for the price. Most of my poker peeps liked these more than MSKs. They do like Matsuis better, but immediately changed their vote when I told them the difference in price.

It looks like the printing on these is clearer than on the MSK plaques. Is that accurate?
First, big thanks to @FordPickup92 for the loan of a sample set of these!

I'm very impressed with these. Colors are good; sound and feel are good; print quality is high. I was part of the original presidential dollar bill plaques GBs from Matsui and MSK and have several other samples from various other sets. The Matsuis are far and away the best and I won't bother to bring them into the comparison here, but these compare very favorably to the MSKs. I do think the printing on these is clearer and crisper than on the MSKs I've seen. I got rid of all my MSK presidential plaques because the image quality wasn't sharp enough. Could, in part, be due to the simplicity of the design, but I'm impressed with that element.

Only place these seem to fall short of MSK is in consistency/QC of their size. The $100, $500 and $1000 are all slightly different sizes - each is about 1 mm longer and taller than the previous denomination. Not sure if folks have noticed that variation within stacks of the separate denominations? Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me for this price but something I noticed.

First, big thanks to @FordPickup92 for the loan of a sample set of these!

I'm very impressed with these. Colors are good; sound and feel are good; print quality is high. I was part of the original presidential dollar bill plaques GBs from Matsui and MSK and have several other samples from various other sets. The Matsuis are far and away the best and I won't bother to bring them into the comparison here, but these compare very favorably to the MSKs. I do think the printing on these is clearer and crisper than on the MSKs I've seen. I got rid of all my MSK presidential plaques because the image quality wasn't sharp enough. Could, in part, be due to the simplicity of the design, but I'm impressed with that element.

Only place these seem to fall short of MSK is in consistency/QC of their size. The $100, $500 and $1000 are all slightly different sizes - each is about 1 mm longer and taller than the previous denomination. Not sure if folks have noticed that variation within stacks of the separate denominations? Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me for this price but something I noticed.
Very interesting. I have a sample set too, so not a large population to compare, but mine in those three denominations have no visible difference in size. So I pulled out my caliper, and while there are slight differences, they are no where near as large as yours. All three of my larger denominations are within 0.3mm of each other, both length and width. You're saying that your (Brie's) $1000 plaque is about 2mm longer and wider than the $100 plaque? Wow! Now it sounds like we need someone with a larger collection to do some research for us. Since all three of these are supposed to be the same size, if there are inconsistencies, I would expect to see them within every denomination. Because if they are consistent within denominations, but slightly larger as the denomination increases, then that implies it was intentional during their manufacture.

I've made boxes for both the $20s/$50s and the $100/$500/$1000 ... I didn't find inconsistencies within the same size category. What did surprise me was that the larger plaques were thicker than the smaller ones!

Very interesting. I have a sample set too, so not a large population to compare, but mine in those three denominations have no visible difference in size. So I pulled out my caliper, and while there are slight differences, they are no where near as large as yours. All three of my larger denominations are within 0.3mm of each other, both length and width. You're saying that your (Brie's) $1000 plaque is about 2mm longer and wider than the $100 plaque? Wow! Now it sounds like we need someone with a larger collection to do some research for us. Since all three of these are supposed to be the same size, if there are inconsistencies, I would expect to see them within every denomination. Because if they are consistent within denominations, but slightly larger as the denomination increases, then that implies it was intentional during their manufacture.
Correct. I don't have calipers so can't give you measurements, but it was obvious from the moment I held all three of the larger plaques ($100, $500, $1000) that the $100 was noticeably smaller. Taking another look, and holding them on a flat surface, the $100 is noticeably shorter on both sides. Might be .5mm between the $100 and $1000, but it's definitely closer to 1.5-2mm between the $500. I doubt this is intentional and just imagine its the quality control you get from a "tina" company.

I've made boxes for both the $20s/$50s and the $100/$500/$1000 ... I didn't find inconsistencies within the same size category. What did surprise me was that the larger plaques were thicker than the smaller ones!
I noticed some thickness variation, also, but its impossible for me to measure/describe. Just a general feel.

Here's a picture of the top and sides of them while they're in a box. There may be one or two that have a slightly different rounded corner, but you really can't tell unless you line it up perfectly.

My calipers don't show any measurable difference. I think that there could definitely be some measurement inconsistencies depending on where exactly your measuring. As I said, some of the corners seem like they're not exactly uniform, but it doesn't really change the overall size.

So, at most, I get a variation of about 0.1mm variation (height or width) across all of my plaques.

PXL_20220127_162752875.MP.jpg

PXL_20220127_162710684.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like an anomaly, which is good. Yeah, very impressed with these and would choose them over MSK for a future project.

Maybe overkill at this point but I didn’t notice a difference in sizes either (I only have $20s, plus a sample set.

My 2 cents: if anyone is considering buying these, I’d recommend springing for the larger size ($100s and up). The $20s/$50s are fine, but I would’ve happily paid the extra 50 cents per to make the $20s on the larger (standard?) size.

Here's a picture of the top and sides of them while they're in a box. There may be one or two that have a slightly different rounded corner, but you really can't tell unless you line it up perfectly.

My calipers don't show any measurable difference. I think that there could definitely be some measurement inconsistencies depending on where exactly your measuring. As I said, some of the corners seem like they're not exactly uniform, but it doesn't really change the overall size.

So, at most, I get a variation of about 0.1mm variation (height or width) across all of my plaques.

PXL_20220127_162752875.MP.jpg

PXL_20220127_162710684.jpg
Pictures seem to be broken

The pictures work now

Seem like almost no difference in height to the naked eye
Correct, that's why I decided to post the pictures. It shows that, for at least the ones that I received, there is no discernible difference in their size within the same size class.

It's the exact same for the smaller $20 and $50 plaques. Maybe some minor variations on some of the corners but overall the exact same size.

The only weird part is that I did not expect the larger ones to be thicker but they were. That sucks because it means that the box had to be longer to accommodate the extra thickness. So now I have two different size boxes. Contemplating making the smaller box padded out so that it's size and dimensions match the bigger one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom