Paulson Color Samples... a Chronology (2 Viewers)

Are these readily available in quantity?
2FE3ED7C-8C23-4DF6-B8F4-BDFCC751F2E7.jpeg

They are around

The solids tourney set that aren’t original CP are overlabel Paulson samples and Twain roulettes
Forgive my lack of knowledge but when you say overlabel are you saying that if the crystal park label was removed the paulson label would still be there or were the old paulson labels removed and then the crystal park labels added? Either way, how durable are the new labels? Can you wash the chips with the new label or will that ruin the labels?

Forgive my lack of knowledge but when you say overlabel are you saying that if the crystal park label was removed the paulson label would still be there or were the old paulson labels removed and then the crystal park labels added? Either way, how durable are the new labels? Can you wash the chips with the new label or will that ruin the labels?
In the large set you see there are labels over the original paulson

You see the plum chips I removed the Paulson labels

I’m not sure. I’d think they might be ok if you were careful cleaning them

I think everyone feels full label replacement is more durable.
I’m not sure if anyone has done a full wash and wax on their overlabels
Those labels are old
I’d guess new ones are more durable

ABAE0620-1E73-4673-8232-9F2411C6F424.jpeg
7412C82C-8AED-4D14-992D-1E119DE6A777.jpeg

Older Overlabel
1C351E05-24F1-4813-A972-7FA0E9F9EF9E.jpeg

Is it relatively easy to remove the overlabel if you decided you wanted to change to another design or the label started to show wear?

Yes

BUT

Depending on the relative strength of the adhesive on the label and the laminate protective layer underneath, it is possible to accidentally pull off the laminate layer, leaving the naked inlay. Putting another overlabel on top will then make the original inlay unrecoverable. This happens in a not-insignificant minority of cases, maybe 5-10%.

I was weighing the colors, just for fun, and I know there are a ton of variables , almost all on SCV, just a few new colors on RHC, and I know there could be a variation on dates these were made, but the heavy weights
bronze 11.22g
mauve 11.33g
Met Gold 11.93g

and the lightweights, again, not knowing when these chips were made, but looking at the old colors, not the new ones. Could these colors generally be lighter than the others?

blaze orange 8.87g
horizon blue 8.88g
arc yellow 8.96g
hot pink 8.97g

so glad this thread popped up!
I will be back when I catch up with my samples
:cool

Reactions: ovo
I was able to get another set together to compliment my samples collection. My first quest was to get a 44 piece set with the Paulson address on one side and the color name on the opposite side. I was able to find 41 of the 44 chips. I have the other three needed chips with the name on both sides and I hope to complete that set. I am also on the search for another 10 chips but I am not sure the 60 chip set came with the Paul-Son address on one side. Can anyone answer that question. I am pretty sure the 43 chip set did but not sure about the 60 piece set.

As you can see I need the Charcoal, Showboat Grey and Sky Blue for the 44 chip set and 10 more for the 60 chip set!

1694486446410.png

I just got ahold of new color sample which I think they are using for the Blue Chip line of colors. There were two unknown colors samples on eBay, Saturn Yellow and Bayplast Red. Bayplast red matches Cranberry, so maybe just a name change. Here are my notes, since these are also paulson colors

So I was comparing the colors of Paulson, Blue Chip line using the Colombani chips and the PCF Tourney and Elite chips. Just some interesting info

Saturn Yellow, sample on eBay 11/23 is unique (new color)?
Bayplast Red, sample on eBay 11/23 matches Cranberry (maybe a name change)
Cranberry is unique , not matching any Paulson colors, a beautiful red , but matches the PCF/Elite line
Canary Yellow matches Paulson Canary Yellow, and matches PCF/Elite line
Camel is unique
Antique White matches Paulson Off White
Sky Blue matches Paulson sky blue
Coral is unique
Lavender is unique
Day Green matches Paulson Day Green, and matches PCF/Elite line
Black matches Paulson black, and matches PCF Elite line
Maroon is unique, Maroon is much darker than the paulson maroon

and to add the PCF/Elite colors not represented above

Blurpe is unique, looks richer than Paulson Blurple
Tan is unique
Blue is unique, but closest to Paulson Navy Blue
Hot Pink is unique
Fire orange looks unique, but close to Paulson blaze orange
Horizon Blue looks unique, but close to Paulson Ocean Blue

And I would love another opinion on the above. My Paulson color set is older, and so are my eyes.

I just got ahold of new color sample which I think they are using for the Blue Chip line of colors. There were two unknown colors samples on eBay, Saturn Yellow and Bayplast Red. Bayplast red matches Cranberry, so maybe just a name change. Here are my notes, since these are also paulson colors

So I was comparing the colors of Paulson, Blue Chip line using the Colombani chips and the PCF Tourney and Elite chips. Just some interesting info

Cranberry is unique , not matching any Paulson colors, a beautiful red , but matches the PCF/Elite line
Camel is unique
Coral is unique
Lavender is unique

Tan is unique
Hot Pink is unique

And I would love another opinion on the above. My Paulson color set is older, and so are my eyes.
pics?

Camel is unique
Coral is unique
Lavender is unique

Tan is unique
Hot Pink is unique

I'd be curious to see these, if you have pics! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom