Palais Des Valle - Murder labels tribute tourney critique (1 Viewer)

Johnblue

Flush
Reaction score
Okay, so over the years i have bought and sold a ton of solids, what i have kept are my favorite of what i can afford. i am at the finish line and i can feel it.
this set has gone through a bunch of iterations, it started as a cash set, but i didnt like the labels i designed and the ideas just never gelled into anything i wanted to spend the time with the stickers and milling and actually doing it.

I love the Palais Des Congres chips, always been my favorite and they have always been my absolute favorite label. I love the simplicity.
I am not a graphic designer, but i have always been an artist, and I mess around with photoshop etc. so i messed around and made these, updated PDC inspired labels, and i think i am going to go for it.

any pointers or critiques would be appreciated.

also, note that these will all be on circle shaped labels and i am going to add a white border around the edges.

and my town i grew up is in L.A. and my part is "The Valley" t we call it the Valle because its mainly hispanic where i am from, so out of respect =)

Untitled-1.jpg

heres the set, =)
7F1CDCBA-D562-43C7-8897-059966CEB5FD.jpeg

Untitled-2.jpg

100-paulson-palais-des-congres-50_1_719ec77c40b34c3a650f6ed8b157695c.jpg

Last edited:
Also, i am going to need a few more barrels of Indian Blue and Charcoal if anyone has them laying around =)

I think those look great!

I wouldn't use "k" in the denom, though. Use "1000", "5000".

Okay, I’ll try that too, I always worry that it will end up too small, because of the extra 0s but I’m not going too big haha, it will probably look fine! :)

Great label design! A lot of tributes make exact copies of the label (which, admittedly, often look great, too!) so I like the fact that yours is a modern update.

I like the design and chips you have chosen. Small concern is if that tiny text will be legible when printed, especially against that gradient 5k chip.

If you care... the grammar is off. Des is french for "of the" and implies a plural subject, where it looks like Valle is singular (and a different language).

de la ties to a singular valley.

So it would be Palais de la Valle. In full French, it would be Palais de la Vallée and it has a nice harmony to it (palais and vallée rhyming, each with two syllables).

(Caution, my French is a bit rusty, so I'd ask a Francophone to validate.... that is if you even care...)

If you care... the grammar is off. Des is french for "of the" and implies a plural subject, where it looks like Valle is singular (and a different language).

de la ties to a singular valley.

So it would be Palais de la Valle. In full French, it would be Palais de la Vallée and it has a nice harmony to it (palais and vallée rhyming, each with two syllables).

(Caution, my French is a bit rusty, so I'd ask a Francophone to validate.... that is if you even care...)

Thank you so much! No I had no idea!

I my head I have always said, Palais = “ PAH-LAY-ISS “

The fact it’s “Palee” and it’s also “vallee” is a coincidence I can’t pass up. :)

Thank you and I’ll try to fix the grammar and redo that part!

okay! took all the advice and redid these...
valle to vallee and des to de la
5k to 5000 and made the words all bigger.

still going to tweek the colors, but liking them so much better already.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FELLAS!

palais.jpg
palais 25.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom