PAHWM: 10NL Blitz ACR 88 in BB vs Button Open (1 Viewer)

Legend5555

Full House
Reaction score
This is going to be one of two hands I found interesting from a short session I played. I am playing 2 tables of 10NL blitz. I finished this 300 hand session up 235bb.

10NL Blitz on ACR
Not enough hands on villain (26) for HUD to matter. And like I always, I'm not using it anyway. ;)

Folds to Button
Button (120bb) raises to 2.5bb
SB folds.
BB (HERO 168.5bb) has :8s: :8d:

HERO?

10NL Blitz on ACR
Not enough hands on villain (26) for HUD to matter. And like I always, I'm not using it anyway.

Folds to Button
SB folds.
BB (HERO 168.5bb) has :8s::8d:
Hero calls.

Pot: 5.5bb
Eff stack: 117.5bb
Flop: :9h::5d::4s:

Hero checks.
Villain bets 1.8bb

HERO?

Button-open-raising-villain has a wide range and while you are ahead of a lot of the suited connected draws, pair w/draws and low pairs that he might have here, he can also have all of the over-pairs, plus sets and 9s that are beating you. No reason to bloat the pot by raising at this point when you may not be ahead, and a raise at this point could open you up to getting blown off your hand by a large 3-bet that you may not be able to call.

I think this is an easy call with what could be the best hand with backdoor straight and set equity.

I think pre is a 3-bet at least some of the time. For me I think 88 in BB vs a BTN open is usually a call and 99 is usually a 3-bet.

Flop is a pure check/call imo. We will be good very often but raising for value is too thin and we’re not folding out anything better. We block two of his outs if he holds 67s for the OESD.

Flip a coin to disguise your hand and then either listen to @Zajac or listen to @Stackme
I think you need to check raise occasionally without top set or AA....and not just with air....seems like a good spot to me to find out where you are OOP. The 1/3 cbet is usually over pair or Ax The hopes is villain has a couple overs and folds and you take it down.

Part 3

10NL Blitz ACR
Not enough hands on villain (26) for HUD to matter. And like I always, I'm not using it anyway.

Folds to Button
SB folds.
Hero calls.

Hero checks.
Villain bets 1.8bb.
Hero calls.

Pot: 9.1bb
Eff stack: 115.7
Turn: :9h::5d::4s::7d:

HERO? If Hero checks and villain bets, what does hero do? If HERO leads, how much and why?

Agree with @Zajac, check call up to about 3-5bb here. Any larger then worth folding and waiting for a better spot. No good reason to call off such a significant portion of your stack with just one pair (and not even top pair), with the river bet still to come.

Of course he could be bluffing with nothing or semi-bluffing with a lower pair and a draw, but in this spot he can also easily have a nine, an over pair, and all the sets. You still have a healthy stack so better to save it for use where you have a clearer edge. I know this is on ACR, but If you do end up folding, you could flip a coin beforehand just to confuse the shit outta him for your next hand with him!

You still have a healthy stack so better to save it for use where you have a clearer edge.
Not a tournament, so worrying about my stack is irrelevant other than how it influences bet sizes.

Ahh, okay thanks, I read it quickly and had it in my mind this was in a two table sng, ... Ignore that inciteful but irrelevant stack comment then! As you were.

I guess I am still not calling much more than 4-5bb here with 2nd pair and gutter. At this point I am just hoping to get to showdown, and wondering if I can call a shove on the riv if an 8 or 6d comes.

I’m not much of a donk bet guy. I sometimes use it anyway in certain spots with big hands where I think villain will check back a lot and where I think I don’t have to worry too much about balancing (the hand you posted a while back where you turned a set of sevens for instance).

Maybe this is a spot where leading should be considered for balancing purposes if you want to lead strong hands as well, it’s not really in my playbook though so I can’t say. I would mostly fall into check/call here. He has a wide range as the BTN opener and could certainly keep betting as a bluff.

Part 4

10NL Blitz ACR

Folds to Button
SB folds.
Hero calls.

Hero checks.
Villain bets 1.8bb.
Hero calls.

Hero checks.
Villain bets 6bb.

HERO?

Call. 2/3 pot turn bet vs 1/2 pot flop bet, starting to put him on a hand that got more equity with the turn, like 67, Axdd and even T8, rather than made hands such as over pairs, sets or just a 9. Still feeling like my hand is more likely ahead at this point, but hard for him to make this size bet w/out a made hand or a 6 or dd in his hand. I think made hands like sets over pairs, 63 and the few 86s are betting this size minimum and likely more given how drenched the board is becoming, so I put him most likely on a combo draw with a few made hands mixed in. Based on this, my plan is to call here then donk-lead river 6s that are not diamonds, check-call most riv bets on blank rivs, and check-fold river shoves on riv diamonds or if I make my set of 8s.

After 1/3 flop bet and 2/3 turn bet...I'm probably folding. Feel like we are behind

10NL Blitz on ACR

Folds to Button
SB folds.
Hero calls.

Hero checks.
Villain bets 1.8bb

HERO?
I think you should be 3! vs BN or SB here with 77+

Part 5

10NL Blitz ACR

Folds to Button
SB folds.
Hero calls.

Hero checks.
Villain bets 1.8bb.
Hero calls.

Hero checks.
Villain bets 6bb.
Hero calls.

Pot: 21.1bb
Eff stack: 109.7
River: :9h::5d::4s::7d::qc:

Hero checks.
Villain bets 13.9bb

HERO?

F*it. Come out semi-bluffing. Raise to 25bb 30bb.

Modest chance he's been betting two high cards and no queen, and you're good. Modest chance he reads you as slow-playing a set, or that you've been drawing with a weak pair and just hit two pair, and he folds.

If he reraises back, fold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom