Operation Ultrasonic; The Vevor Conundrum (1 Viewer)

mtl mile end

Flush
Reaction score
There are myriad threads about UltraSonic machines, I have seen them. This thread is intended to address a specific question about Vevor machines. The information will be useful to Canadians for sure, and probably Aussies, Brits and others.

I’ve come to believe (hope?) that UltraSonic machines may be one of the very rare things about this hobby that may be as cheaply available to a chipper in Canada as they are to ‘Muricans.

Ever since I opened up the Vevor.ca and Vevor on Amazon.ca pages, I’ve gotten this as every second banner ad here:

57e34a36996f044a6427b53636472cd2.png

These are the two source options that I have checked out.

Amazon.ca: https://www.amazon.ca/VEVOR-Ultrasonic-Eyeglass-Commercial-Industrial/dp/B0140M8H80?th=1
89dead186d765f225cdee42b0abb7415.png

Vevor.ca: https://vevor.ca/products/10-l-lite...tainless-steel-w-timer?variant=32902522503232
1667eac51b846dd4fb722b333ff3e626.png

It was all going so well. I remembered the Vevor name from PCF, and the prices (in CAD!) were fantastic AND free shipping. I was in heaven. Then I read some Trustpilot reviews:
https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/vevor.com?page=3

Yikes! :jawdrop: Amazon.ca reviews are not as harsh, but they are reviews of the machines themselves regardless of source seller (right? I’m not an Amazon fiend).

So, based on what I have read, I’m going to assume that the Truspilot reviews are the result of crazy competitor shit throwing, or reviews of non US machines, or example of Vevor behaviour differences in regard to direct sale vs. wholesale to secondary seller.

So I've got some questions for Vevor purchasers:

Canadians:
Do you live in Canada and own a Vevor? If so, where did you buy it?

Everyone:
Has anyone ever ordered directly from Vevor?
Are these really good machines? Please rate.
Does anyone have any experience with Vevor Customer Support? If so, what was the reason for and nature of the contact?
What is an optimal model size?

Last edited:
I believe that Vevor is a German company if I'm remembering right? I remember back when I was doing research and trying to find specs on # of transducers, I was a little worried that the company's online presence was lousy. I thought, "is this going to be another cheap knockoff Chinese product I end up with?

When my unit arrived, there was incorrect grammer not only in the instructions, but on the unit itself!!! I had no expectations anymore.

But it works... Very well. I trusted the eBay reviews. I trusted recommendations here and it all worked out.

With that said, I don't know if I would buy directly from Vevor. The company itself seems to be a little shady. I know they're dealing in all different kinds of scientific instruments and that ultrasonic cleaners just one of their products, but it still felt safer to purchase from a respected dealer on eBay.

Edit: I guess I'm a " 'Murican", so I can't help you on the Canadian front. Just try to buy from somewhere that gives you some kind of purchase protection if you can. eBay had me covered, as did PayPal, as did my credit card company if something went wrong.

Do you live in Canada and own a Vevor? If so, where did you buy it?
Has anyone ever ordered directly from Vevor?
Are these really good machines? Please rate.
Does anyone have any experience with Vevor Customer Support? If so, what was the reason for and nature of the contact?
What is an optimal model size?

I bought mine off eBay. I have nothing to compare to. I've had zero problems with my machine. Never had to call customer support. I think 6L is the optimum size - when filled halfway, it allows for a good fit with most salad spinners and can do 40-50 chips at a time. I rarely need more than 2 minutes per cycle, but some really amazingly gross chips I have put in for 3-4 minutes.

I bought mine off eBay. I have nothing to compare to. I've had zero problems with my machine. Never had to call customer support. I think 6L is the optimum size - when filled halfway, it allows for a good fit with most salad spinners and can do 40-50 chips at a time. I rarely need more than 2 minutes per cycle, but some really amazingly gross chips I have put in for 3-4 minutes.
The 6l sounds perfect, but to my horror, the Amazon.ca page has only the actual Vevor as vendor. I am a little afraid. :nailbite:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom