Opening a Card Room in Texas! (1 Viewer)

ImCrossland

Full House
Reaction score
After years and years of patronizing card houses across Texas, I have finally secured funding to start my own.

Starting this thread with the intention of posting periodic updates of the process. I have every intention of making this place the most player-friendly, professional card room out there. It will start small (4-5 tables), but will be top of the line in every regard (except….the chips…., investors couldn’t get behind that as an initial expense)

My plan is to open sometime this Fall and host a “soft opening,” for friends, family, and PCF. This is the first venture I’ve ever attempted so any relevant advice is appreciated! Hope to host you all sometime in the future!

If you’re curious about any aspect of it, ask away.

How do you compete in Texas
There are so Many rooms

Then Polk and the guys with tons of Social media name recognition opened one so they’ll get tons of the business

I hope there are enough customers you guys make out well

Plus GPI will never sell to you
I think for that setting CPC is overpriced

Tina cards mold the next most secure maybe

Highest Hopes, and GL Triston!

NLHE will be your easiest game to get going. I would offer free food @ the start of the game, while you are trying to get it up and going, I would focus on getting a single table up and going. Offer free snacks until you get a really strong game.

How do you compete in Texas
There are so Many rooms

Then Polk and the guys with tons of Social media name recognition opened one so they’ll get tons of the business

I hope there are enough customers you guys make out well

Plus GPI will never sell to you
I think for that setting CPC is overpriced

Tina cards mold the next most secure maybe
Automatic card shufflers built into every table for ~10+ hands per hour. If you’re paying hourly, we’re betting customers will choose the place that gives them more bang for their buck.

Full service bar to start with plans to add food service after we’ve established ourselves and have a regular customer base.

Members who hit a certain monthly threshold will automatically have their hourly rate reduced by 25%, where they will play for far cheaper than any other card room out there. They show loyalty to us, we take care of them.

Automatic card shufflers built into every table for ~10+ hands per hour. If you’re paying hourly, we’re betting customers will choose the place that gives them more bang for their buck.

Full service bar to start with plans to add food service after we’ve established ourselves and have a regular customer base.

Members who hit a certain monthly threshold will automatically have their hourly rate reduced by 25%, where they will play for far cheaper than any other card room out there. They show loyalty to us, we take care of them.
~10+ MORE per hour lol

Another important consideration was hours. Hard to justify going to a card house that’s further than 40 mins away (like the closest one for me), when they close at 1:00 or 2:00 on weekends. When I play, it’s usually from 10:00 at night to 10 the next day.

Starting out, we’ll operate 84 hrs per week. On weekends, we’ll be open from 12:00 PM on Friday to midnight on Sunday.

Automatic shuffler, bomb pots every 30 mins with dealer change, PokerAtlas system built into every table, etc etc.

Getting players in the door will be the hard part. Getting them to come back will not. Fully custom tables and chairs from BBO + multiple member tiers for personal preference.

For players, this place is being run by one of their own. They’re in good hands.

Last edited:
I Calling it now, this is just a front to make more NAGB available for all PCF in the future

1659361454658.png

good luck, hope it works for you. What names have you come up with for the establishment ?

I wish
Again
No gaming license for Texas card rooms
Not yet anyway. Soon as Dan Patrick gets his role in next R Admin… the possibilities are endless. Our State Rep is staunchly supportive of legalized gambling statewide and is on House Committee on State Affairs as well as House Committee on Economic Development.

I can guarantee you he will be there Day 1.

good luck, hope it works for you. What names have you come up with for the establishment ?
Name is surprisingly difficult to come up with. I think far too long on stuff like this. After tons of research on branding, considering so many factors such as word count, letter count, applicability, ability to search it up etc etc, all was shot down when my fiancé said “the name sounds like a Mexican restaurant. Will you be serving tacos?”

Name is surprisingly difficult to come up with. I think far too long on stuff like this. After tons of research on branding, considering so many factors such as word count, letter count, applicability, ability to search it up etc etc, all was shot down when my fiancé said “the name sounds like a Mexican restaurant. Will you be serving tacos?”
Gilley’s
Five Points
Six Flags
Tex’s
AAA Card Room

Admittedly, I care far too much about the name. I want it to relate to the business but have a deeper meaning beyond simply the service itself. My education, professional background, and personal interests have always been in American history and government. I relied on these inspirations to get me through a "unique" childhood. They were the examples I chose to follow and gave me hope that I could make a difference in the world someday.

I have settled on the name "Noblemen's," for now. The inspiration comes from the 5 individuals who I attribute for inspiring the values I hold dear. Many of them were huge poker players. If anyone is interested in reading about it, I've included a link below that gives a great background into President Truman's love of poker (there's a great picture of the custom chips he owned. Would be incredible to ever have a single one day.) One of the best stories involves a game he played with Prime Minister Winston Churchill, also one of the 5 individuals within this group.

When you think of the term "nobility," one usually identifies it with high society or those with wealthy upbringings. A quick google search gives the message I'd like to convey:

"Membership in the nobility has historically been granted by a monarch or government, and acquisition of sufficient power, wealth, military prowess, or royal favour has occasionally enabled commoners to ascend into the nobility."

My inspirations were all men of nobility, but their ranks in life weren't always influenced by their starting position.

K7podbV.png

N8an1wa.png

LoZXBFc.png

https://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/2003/spring/truman-poker.html

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom