OneEyedHack has arrived. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
1D3A55C7-1F22-4EF3-89DA-C348E817BA43.jpeg

So I have been out of playing poker at home for 10 plus years. My friends have been on me to start up a game with up to three table tournament. So I started looking at chips last week and I have come to the conclusion that I do not know much. So over the next few weeks I will be trying to figure out how many chips I need and how many colors I need. Right now I have a 500 chip set with four colors. (225, 161, 75, 39 plus 14 spares). These are Crystal Park chips I got off of eBay in early 2000s. I have only ever run one table with these.

So I plan to poke around the site and learn what I need. See you all around the site.

V/R
OEH

Interested in selling those for what you paid for them ;)

All kidding aside, welcome to the forum and you have a great set.

Welcome

Pretty funny that you say you don’t know much about chips and your only set is as iconic as that.

Good job.

Welcome

Pretty funny that you say you don’t know much about chips and your only set is as iconic as that.

Good job.
I was shocked last week when I started looking. Back in the day I emailed the guy that had all the crystal park chips when he had them on eBay. We set up the color/amounts and then he set the auction time for 15 min. (This was way before buy it now). I had not looked at chips again until last week.

Welcome

for a guy who claims they dont know much about chips. well you will be hard pressed to find a better set.

For some of us you already have a grail set.

well played

Right now I have a 500 chip set with four colors. (225, 161, 75, 39 plus 14 spares). These are Crystal Park chips I got off of eBay in early 2000s. I have only ever run one table with these.

Welcome to PCF! I don't see many $1s, what stakes do you play with that set?

Welcome to PCF! I don't see many $1s, what stakes do you play with that set?
Played $.05/.10/.25 with it fo years. Using the $5 as .05, the $2 as .10, the $25 as .25 , and the $1 as $1. I also have twenty five $500 flag paulson”s that I use as $5. I think I bought the $500’s at the gamblers general store the same year I bought the set off eBay.

When I picked out the chip colors and counts I was just trying to keep the rows in my chip case even, knowing that the inlays and the stakes would not match. I had bought some dice chips at the gamble’s general a year or two before and sold them when I got the CPs. I think it covered about 40% of the cost of the CPs with sell of the dice chip. ( better Lucy than good ).

So in 2009 I moved to Maryland and did not play at my house for the 7 years I was there. I moved back to California in 2009 and have had the guys over once or twice a year and run a one table tournament with them again not using the inlay denoms.

What brought me to the site is my friends have been on me to host a game every month or two on a consistent timeline. So I started to look for a bigger set to handle a 27/30 person tournament. Four or five hours into research is when I pulled my old set out and realized what I had ( maybe I still don’t realize exactly what I have yet ). A day or two later I joined PCF.

Sorry for going on for so long. Love the site and all the good advice within.

V/R
OneEyedHack

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom