Tourney Omaha Tournament (1 Viewer)

nval249

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey-

I run a home game usually NLH tourney followed by dealer calls cash games (Omaha, Super Hold Em, etc).

The guys enjoy playing Omaha and wondering how easy it’d be to switch from NLH to Omaha tournament. I’ve never played in one so any advice appreciated or if I should just run similarly.

Thanks all!
Naul

I think you can run it pretty much the same. Similar starting stacks and blind structures to NLHE should be fine. Depends on the aggression in your group, PLO may go faster if players like to ship stacks frequently.

Good luck

Last edited:
I think you can run it pretty much the same. Similar starting stacks and blind structures to NLHE should be fine. Depends on the aggression in your group, PLO may go faster if players like to shop stacks.

Good luck
Yeah, the only significant difference I can think of is that Omaha hands tend to be somewhat slower, so longer blind levels might be more appropriate.

I think antes do not exist in omaha tournaments. Somebody knows ?

I play in online PLO and O8 tourneys, and the blind levels and starting stacks are the same as NLH tournaments. Of course, it's easily done online due to the nature of auto computing. Live, I like what upNdown said regarding longer levels...I would also probably cap it at 8 players per table as well.

I would definitely not introduce antes, they would be counterproductive to an omaha game....it's already going to be slow, plus no need to induce action in any form of this game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom