Official Home Game Pics Thread! (75 Viewers)

Thanks man, getting rid of that crappy table top in the background and have a much nicer one on the way that should be here next week. I would love to host a big meet up in the future, so I am stalking all of you guys to see how its done.

Nice. Attend a meetup. It's a blast.

For me, organizing is half the fun, so I don't mind. But from someone who's hosted AND attended, it's more relaxing to attend (you get to enjoy the moment more).

This has me thinking, it'd be cool if we started a meetup host information thread... so prospective hosts could get info on what's all involved, or current hosts could share ideas? Not sure if there's sufficient interest in something like this?

For instance, I figured I would be forking over some money to host, but I had no real idea. I think I kept costs down to $400-500 out of pocket the first year, but it's only gone up exponentially since... and it's not like I'm mounting a freakin six-shooter to the effing trophy (I simply have to make attending THAT meetup a priority at some point)!!!!!

Anyone here who has a game room, probably put it together to show it off, and have it get used by people who appreciate it. I completely understand the desire to host. :) I'll be looking forward to an OHIO meetup in 2017 :)

Nice. Attend a meetup. It's a blast.

For me, organizing is half the fun, so I don't mind. But from someone who's hosted AND attended, it's more relaxing to attend (you get to enjoy the moment more).

This has me thinking, it'd be cool if we started a meetup host information thread... so prospective hosts could get info on what's all involved, or current hosts could share ideas? Not sure if there's sufficient interest in something like this?

For instance, I figured I would be forking over some money to host, but I had no real idea. I think I kept costs down to $400-500 out of pocket the first year, but it's only gone up exponentially since... and it's not like I'm mounting a freakin six-shooter to the effing trophy (I simply have to make attending THAT meetup a priority at some point)!!!!!

Anyone here who has a game room, probably put it together to show it off, and have it get used by people who appreciate it. I completely understand the desire to host. :) I'll be looking forward to an OHIO meetup in 2017 :)

Great idea on starting a thread I already have a ton of questions !

Getting ready to open up for the 1/2 game that I deal.

20151209_184103_zpscvzce0am.jpg

I stack a $200 stack at each position, then use the stacks pictured for people who want the max of 300.

.25/.50 after our league game, bought in for 60, cashed out at 370. 007 will be my card protector for the near future.

.25/.50 after our league game, bought in for 60, cashed out at 370. 007 will be my card protector for the near future.

Great news DD. However, if a swarthy looking fellow you've never seen before; except yesterday on the train, and in the evening at the grocery store, and looking through your mail box (how strange); just happens to sit in the game, on your left, and produces this as his card protector ...

Untitled.png

I think you better be on guard, and packing heat/and or have keys to a super fast Aston Martin outside.

Great news DD. However, if a swarthy looking fellow you've never seen before; except yesterday on the train, and in the evening at the grocery store, and looking through your mail box (how strange); just happens to sit in the game, on your left, and produces this as his card protector ...

View attachment 25498

I think you better be on guard, and packing heat/and or have keys to a super fast Aston Martin outside.

Obviously, he's using a dice chips as his card protector. FISH!

Of course, the 007 chip didn't help me out in the tourney. Finished 15th out of 20. A very uneventful tournament for me. However, I made more money in the cash game than the second place finisher in the tourney, lol.

Its all good. The 007 received a ton of compliments.

Been playing a $5/5 NL home/underground game for a long time and just noticed something peculiar about the baller poker mirror artwork.

Sure, the decorations are horrendous and the place is kind of a dump (they have every beer you can imagine no charge so long as all you can imagine is Miller Lite and the food is limited to pizza and cheesesteak), but with a max rake of $2 in a $5/5 game, I'll take it.

Anyway, on to the beautiful mirror. I've looked at this thing for hours upon hours of my life and only this past weekend did I notice something:

ETfaVQx.jpg

Hey, those look strangely familiar. Let's get a little closer:

RCS4PLq.jpg

Looks like someone scanned a TRK chip to make the "art" for the mirror.

BONUS: The host/owner asks me why I'm taking a picture of the mirror and I explain that the art for the chip is a scan of a particular type of chip well-known in chip collecting circles (not worth going into more detail with these mooks). The guy who asks the question says how can you tell and I explain the mold and say but it's a bit blurry due to poor photoshop work on the resizing. Guy says it wasn't resized, it's the same size as a real chip. I say I guess you should know since you bought it, but I'd bet it's not (I'm now in the 10 seat, far from the mirror). And he says "How much?" I through four greens into the middle of the table and he throws four greens and gets up to measure. Not even close as was obvious to anyone with eyes.

a random picture of PLO Double Board. Three players ended up all in. They were giving me shit about taking a picture of a hand I folded pre flop, lol Fuck'em.

20151212_234015_zpsggiymenw.jpg

Around $200 pot, four players all-in or close to it... I got the bottom board with the nut flush and @mike32 got the top with the nut straight... Erick had the K high flush on my board and Jason had top 2 on Mike's...

Around $200 pot, four players all-in or close to it... I got the bottom board with the nut flush and @mike32 got the top with the nut straight... Erick had the K high flush on my board and Jason had top 2 on Mike's...

I think it cost me two bucks, lol.

After you left I became a fold, or giant check raising SOB.

Obviously, he's using a dice chips as his card protector. FISH!

:) nice pick up Burt - exactly. Bad guy has no class at all.

Of course, the 007 chip didn't help me out in the tourney. Finished 15th out of 20. A very uneventful tournament for me. However, I made more money in the cash game than the second place finisher in the tourney, lol.

Its all good. The 007 received a ton of compliments.

:). Nice work Bill. Thanks.

Helped a fellow member with accepting the delivery of some sweet new poker chairs (while he was at work).

He rewarded me with a HU game for rollz on his new table.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: 72o
Took this pic last Thursday at our weekly game. I didn't post it then because of the low quality photo and crappy chips, but since I already uploaded it..why not.

This is about 3 hours into the game, about 30 mins before we switched to dealer's choice with quarter antes.

White = 25¢, Blue = 50¢ (I know), Red = $1
Cards are Fournier, and my card protector is a very polished chunk of magnetite I've had since grade school.

08MnmGI.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom