Off to get some goodies for Black Friday (4 Viewers)

fyi the pics in this thread were taken on a piece of poster card stock with two clamp lights (daylight temperature) and an iPhone. I used white t-shirts as diffusers lol. You can get pretty far with very little.

Shooting in RAW and tuning in Lightroom add two more jumps in quality. Another big one is hosting on Imgur, not PCF.

There used to be an entire forum or sub-forum or whatever for chip photography. I believe all that has been moved into the Poker Chip Showcase forum. In any case within that there is an old thread that I posted in, but was not the one starting it. I didn't spend a lot of time looking through the thread again so I am sure that I missed some good suggestions, but here are a links to a couple posts I made in there where I share some of how I do it. I personally just leave up my entire setup so I can just go quick make a pic whenever I feel like it. There is a wealth of info in that thread. & in case you don't want to spend a lot of time going through that thread, here is a pic of my setup below https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/chip-photography-thread.68000/ and here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/chip-photography-thread.68000/post-1395917

Last edited:
I’m curious what the overall condition of the $1K’s is going to be. Of the 40 I had about 5 that were very rounded and another 5 with nicks. Rest looked to be mint except for the clay transfer from rack checks.

Here’s a picture of one that I cleaned that doesn’t stand on edge. Might be pretty cool whtluse because it will condition match with the set and shuffles like a dream. My phone is not picking the colors up well so sorry that is seems muted. Colors are better in person.
View attachment 1218095View attachment 1218096

Natural light and a good DSLR can create this...

1698941090420.png
1698941105916.png
1698941122583.png

and good lighting and my phone created this

IMG_2752.jpg

3 easy trics if you don't have any special gear is to:

1) simply shoot in good natural lighting. Essentially this means next to a window or outside. Preferably not direct sunlight though, because it tends to make too hard shadows.

2) try to have a clean background. (Little or ideally no disturbing elements in the background of the photo.)

3) go closer than you think. Basically fill the frame of your camera with what you are shooting.

These tips will imrpove your photos both if you have a dedicated DSLR or simply a smartphone with a not so good camera. However with better gear the results will have the potential to get a lot better.

Any suggestions for a moderately priced light box for chips pics (singles and splash pots). Amazon links please.
Glendan Portable Photo Studio Light Box,12"x12" Professional Dimmable Shooting Tent Kit with 112 LED Lights & 6 Backdrops for Jewelry and Small Items Product Photography https://a.co/d/743THBO

This is the one I have.

Well boys it looks like I am gonna get to experimenting then. I will try to captains the most color accurate photo I can for you guys! I’m thinking I’ll do a couple in the lightbox and then a bunch outside. It’s been very sunny in my neck of the woods so this weekend will have some really good opportunities for natural lighting.

I agree that photography outside is a great way to get proper lighting. I have done a bunch of quick product photos on my back patio with a smartphone just after the sun has passed over that part of the house. I’m in the shade, but the ambient light is fantastic, and I have a couple yards of different cloths from the craft store as seamless backdrops.
IMG_9702.jpeg

IMG_9717.jpeg

* I no longer have these chips, except the Bellagios.

Last edited:
IMG_8963.jpeg
IMG_8964.jpeg
IMG_8966.jpeg
IMG_8965.jpeg

Some in natural light. Need some new magic erasers so I’m not cleaning more til tomorrow. But this was natural light with my clean ones. They’re the worst of the worst I had so that’s why some a tires, but I still need to get the last bits of color transfer off. Just need my new magic erasers lol

I swear, dealer school should include not abusing chips...
Yeah it makes me sad. The silver lining for me though is that they’ll be the ones I use for my Tachi Palace set so they’ll match the used condition. Plus they shuffle nicer than the mint ones so they’re a good shuffle stack as well. Still stupid as hell that they mar them so much doing rack checks.

Just joined and saw your sale from last year. Hopefully will be able to snag a set!

Just joined and saw your sale from last year. Hopefully will be able to snag a set!

Be ready on the day of the sale at the time it goes live. In my experience all desirable sets and high value/fractional chips are sold within minutes. Best be logged into paypal with you shopping cart clear ready to add items and quick buy.

How much time is there usually between first post, prices etc. And the actual buying time?

How much time is there usually between first post, prices etc. And the actual buying time?

For example if the sale goes live at 2pm EST. @2pm refresh your page, then you will see a link appear in the forum post for the sale under the first post with the pictures of all of the sets/individual chips. Essentially click on those and it will redirect you to paypal where you select the #of each item and hit pay.

Sometimes there are only a handful of sets avail. Usually there are plenty of 1/5/25 value chips with 100s abx even 500s avail most often for the first few mintues/hour(dont delay the early bird gets the worm and some people have very fast intenetfingers. After that your out of luck for the most part.

Just came back from Florida. Picked up a mess of Chipco's that I won't be able to get together for the Black Friday sale. They did to my surprise have some $5K Paulson IHC chips. I might have to add those to the sale

Attachments

• 20231113_113311.jpg
    20231113_113311.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 378

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom