No Stretch Vinyl (1 Viewer)

heisten

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I purchased a lizard no stretch vinyl for the rail on my poker table build. Will I need to have seams sewed in it to get it to wrap over?
I've used the 4 way stretch before and had no problems.

No stretch vinyl is going to be way harder even for a small thin rail, so the bigger and thicker it is, the harder it will be. It also depends on your experience and technique.

Ended up taking to upholstery shop. Turned out nice. Building this one with intention of selling, so I got more invested than planned on.

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpg
    IMG_1876.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1878.jpg
    IMG_1878.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1874.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 200
How much did that run you? At the shop
$375 labor only. Got the vinyl for about $20 at local place going out of business and thought I got a big bargain but didn’t realize the no stretch was a big problem for my limited expertise.
The upholstery guy I used said he spent 8 hours on it.
Not sure I believe but it turned out good.
Picture attached of where I’m at so far.
Should finish this weekend.
Felt arrived couple days ago.

Attachments

• A489764D-61EC-47D8-83D4-8108BBD368BA.jpeg
    A489764D-61EC-47D8-83D4-8108BBD368BA.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 98
$375 labor only. Got the vinyl for about $20 at local place going out of business and thought I got a big bargain but didn’t realize the no stretch was a big problem for my limited expertise.
The upholstery guy I used said he spent 8 hours on it.
Not sure I believe but it turned out good.
Picture attached of where I’m at so far.
Should finish this weekend.
Felt arrived couple days ago.
Thanks. I guess here it goes to spending a weekend doing this i don't want to spend that type of coin

This may be a stupid question or it may be the obvious question, but why would you buy something called “no stretch” when you know you need to stretch it?
I assume it’s the obvious question and you only bought it because it was such a good deal.
But I ask, I’m case “no stretch” is a term of art, and doesn’t mean what I think it means.

This may be a stupid question or it may be the obvious question, but why would you buy something called “no stretch” when you know you need to stretch it?
I assume it’s the obvious question and you only bought it because it was such a good deal.
But I ask, I’m case “no stretch” is a term of art, and doesn’t mean what I think it means.
My wife asked me something like that also...lol
When I bought the vinyl the guy selling it told me it would be a challenge but that I could take to upholstery shop down the street and they could put 4-6 sewn seams in it to form it. When I took the vinyl and rail to the upholstery shop he said he would just charge me for the sewing at his hourly rate. I go a call from him just a few minutes after leaving and he said if I would bring the foam in he could do the whole thing without the seams. This is the 3rd table I've built and doing the rail is always my least favorite part so I decided to let him do it. I made mistake of not getting him to give me a price before hand. Live and learn

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom